PDA

View Full Version : Artist field not displayed/editing problem

aussie1
04-09-2008, 10:35 PM
I have been using the CD ripper successfully for a long time. Recently encountered a problem in the display. The artist column is marked as a field to display. However, this column does not appear in the display.

Further, if a select a single track and edit the artist in the Meta section. This change is applied to the artist field of all of the tracks.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program with no luck. Any ideas?

LtData
04-09-2008, 10:58 PM
The artist field appears at the top of the window. Click on a track then change the Artist field at the top to change only that track.

aussie1
04-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm aware that the artist fields is at the top. My problem is that if I click on a single track and change the artist in the top window, it applies that change to all of the tracks.

It will not allow me to change the artist for a single track or a selection of tracks without changing the artist for all of the tracks.

Teknojnky
04-10-2008, 06:25 PM
click the compilation check box

aussie1
04-10-2008, 07:18 PM
That works. Thanks!

CtrlAltDel
12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
My Compilation checkbox is greyed out - is it a registered-version-only feature?

LtData
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes, Compilation support is a Powerpack or Reference-only feature: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

ronaksf
12-03-2008, 02:03 AM
What is the real purpose of the Compilation box, just wondering where I need to use it when ripping my CD's

Spoon
12-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Tells audio players that the album has different artists.

CtrlAltDel
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Tells audio players that the album has different artists.

Interestingly, I popped in a CD today (The Original Rocky Horror Show) and it came up with artist fields for each track; I then swap it for The Best Seventies Album In The World Ever (no, seriously), and the artist fields have disappeared.

Most strange.

Spoon
12-05-2008, 04:41 AM
If the metadata provider(s) do not flag the disc a compilation there is nothing to stop manual selection and typing of artists.

CtrlAltDel
12-09-2008, 01:54 AM
So if I'm using the non-registered version:

if I enter a disc tagged by the metadata provider as being a compilation, I can edit the individual track artists, despite not having the registered version installed;
if I enter a disc not tagged by the metadata provider as being a compilation, I cannot edit the individual track artists;

Is that correct?

Spoon
12-09-2008, 04:09 AM
If the trial of Reference has ended then there is no access to set compilation manually.