PDA

View Full Version : AMG won't retrieve info

mcastle
04-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I've had to uninstall/reinstall dBpoweramp Reference software and all went well until I found that AMG will no longer retrieve info from the internet. Freedb and AccurateRip have no problems retrieving from the internet. Licenses are current, etc. Any ideas?

Spoon
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
In CD Ripper >> Meta Drop Menu >> Settings >> AMG does it show days access left?

mcastle
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
210 days access to AMG remaining. Allow internet access is also checked in settings.
Thanks much.

LtData
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
What security software/antivirus are you using?

mcastle
04-09-2008, 08:22 AM
BitDefender Antivirus 2008. Thanks for the lead. AMG now works, but only if "Privacy Control" is disabled. Unfortunately, there is no way that I see to add CD Ripper to a list or create a rule to let it access the internet. Actually, it is accessing the internet, just not when AMG is selected to get the metadata. Very odd. Anyway, thanks again for the help.

LtData
04-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Good to know, I added this to the FAQ.

mcastle
04-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I've spent a bit more time trying to tweak the rules for the privacy control, such as disabling the http and smtp scanning. It also allows you to enter an exception to trusted sites (in this case I tried allmusic.com), but nothing works. As I wrote earlier, you just need to temporarily disable the privacy control function completely for AMG to access the internet.

Spoon
04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Try dmr.allmusic.com

mcastle
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM
No luck with that address. I've found that the "Identity Protection" tab of the privacy control function is what's causing the trouble. You configure this by entering part of your SSN. credit card, address, etc., then BitDefender scans all http and smtp traffic. If there's any match, it blocks the data. So, it's possible to leave privacy control enabled, just do not configure the identity control. Next, tell BitDefender not to monitor the Identity Control status and it will prevent annoying warning messages from appearing. Whew. I hope all the BitDefender users out there were able to follow along.