PDA

View Full Version : Info mismatches on CD's with 1 track

dsieber
04-28-2002, 11:43 PM
Audio CD Input, dMC release 9 beta 2

If I insert a CD that has only 1 track, Audio CD Input doesn't always display the correct infomation. It is returning information for some *previously* inserted CD that had one track. If I choose "Retrieve freedb", it then gets the correct info.

I've just tried about 10 different one-track CD's and got incorrect info every time, info from a previous one-track CD (usually the last one queried from freedb, but not always). Choosing "Retrieve freedb" always fixed it, except that this newly retrieved info would then show-up for the next one-track CD.

Spoon
04-29-2002, 03:36 AM
Are there any commercial one track CDs? are they CD Singles?

dsieber
04-29-2002, 11:59 AM
Yes, regular CD's that you buy in a store, that have one long track. It's usually ambient / electronic stuff, but I suppose there could be a one-hour Britney song if she tried real hard :-)

Here are the discs I checked yesterday:

Iannis Xenakis - Persepolis (55:10)
Iannis Xenakis - La Legende d'Eer (45:26)
Iannis Xenakis - Kraanerg (70:47)
Terry Riley - Descending Moonshine Dervishes (51:48)
Thomas Koner - Daikan (54:59)
Thomas Koner - Kontakt der Junglinge 1 (45:49)
Lull - Continue (62:00)
Bill Laswell - Rasa/Serene Timeless Joy (60:28)
Ryuichi Sakamoto - Music for Yoji Yamamoto (35:51)
Material - Live from Soundscape (61:58)
Steve Roach - World's Edge [CD2] (58:24)
Steve Roach/Vidna Obmana - Ascension of Shadows [CD1] (71:17)
Steve Roach/Vidna Obmana - Ascension of Shadows [CD3] (72:36)
Lustmord - The Place Where the Black Stars Hang (75:48)

Each of these CD's have only one track, and they displayed the problem I mentioned. For instance, I ripped "Persepolis", then insert "Kraanerg" and Audio CD Input displays the info for "Persepolis" again. I click on "Retrieve freedb", and then it correctly displays "Kraanerg". Then I insert "Daikan" and it displays the info for "Kraanerg".