PDA

View Full Version : One feature missing that's REALLY frustrating

funkyblue
03-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Hello,

There is one feature from EAC that I am really starting to get annoyed that it is NOT in dBpoweramp.

It is the the ability to "Transform Actual CD Imformation and Uppercase all first characters" like in EAC. I like to have all words start with a capital. In EAC, I could easily convert whatever was downloaded from CDDB into my own format. Cannot find a way to do this in the CD Ripper.

More times that not, the information from FREEDB and All Media Guide is all over the place and I have to manually edit a whole CD which is starting to because tedious.

Is there a reason this feature is not in dBpoweramp?

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotdj2.jpg

Spoon
03-15-2008, 05:22 PM
It will be appearing in R13, it is already in Batch Ripper.

funkyblue
03-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Awesome :) Is there an ETA?

Thanks

funkyblue
03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Hello,
When will the BETA version be updated with this feature, if it is already in Batchripper?
Thanks

Spoon
03-21-2008, 05:13 AM
When CD Ripper gets inteligent meta data, which is after Batch Ripper is released (still updating that section).

funkyblue
03-21-2008, 05:21 AM
So are we talking weeks, months, days or years?

EliC
03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
from what spoon has said previously, weeks.

Teknojnky
03-21-2008, 10:03 AM
try running them musicbrainz tagger, its very easy to do inbetween discs as one finishes, and you get highly consistent and usually very accurate metadata, and there are plugins for amazon art and last.fm tags among other stuff.

oh, and you can also use musicbrainz freedb gateway instead freedb itself.

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/FreeDBGateway

just change the freedb configuration url to:

freedb.musicbrainz.org

funkyblue
03-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks, but often Musicbrainz is wrong as well, and I have to manually edit each track. In EAC it was just so easy!

I guess I just have to continue to wait.