PDA

View Full Version : Foreign language support in ID3 tags

randyhnl
03-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Hi there. I've noticed that when I use the CD ripper for foreign languages (Spanish, German, French etc.), my ID3 tags are not correct. The file names show the special character just fine. But when I look at the ID tags, the show garbage for the special characters.

I am using version 10. Is it because I'm using an old version? Or is some setting incorrect somewhere? Please help.

Thanks!

Spoon
03-12-2008, 04:47 AM
R10 was not unicode compatible, try r12 and in dbpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> advanced set the id3v2 tag to unicode (for mp3).

randyhnl
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
This worked! Thank you very much!

birdienumnums
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi!
I've had 2 different issues with foreign language support...

When I playback files that contain foreign language characters in the MP3, the file names don't show up as anything except gibberish...

and if any part of the file path (folders, file names) contains foreign characters; then my poweramp won't even play the file (although other players such as Windows media player will play them).

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure if it is a Poweramp issue or a windows issue, but since Windows Media Player can open files (even when the MP3 filename is all in Japanese) then I wonder why my Poweramp won't do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Birdie

Spoon
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Poweramp (dAP) will not play unicode files also it cannot read unicode tags.

birdienumnums
04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Bummer...

:(

Thanks for the quick reply, though!