PDA

View Full Version : Which dbPoweramp Product do I need ?

ahavvas
03-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Hi

I am nearing the end of my 30 day trial of Music Convertor 12.4 and I am unsure what I need to buy to meet my needs. Plus, I am confused about what Powerpack does, as I can't seem to see any evidence of Powerpack anywhere (for instance, I saw in other posts that there is a rocket icon to press for settings, and I can't find CD Audio Inpout either).

Anyway, what I have been doing, and all I need in future, is to rip an audio CD to AAC using Nero 7, and have the naming and album art working (as it has been doing so far). I have also been using Accuraterip, and ripping in busrt mode.

Trouble is, I don't know what bit of 12.4 is doing what, and what the Powerpack is doing if anything. I do want to rip as fast as possible though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Spoon
03-11-2008, 05:41 AM
See:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

LtData
03-11-2008, 07:15 AM
The rocket icon and "CD Audio Input" were in old versions of dMC before r12. dMC r12 turns on the PowerPack enhancements automatically and replaces "Audio CD Input" with the CD Ripper.

ahavvas
03-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Thank you Lt Data for making it crystal clear (for dummies like me) about where the rocket icon etc had gone. I did look at the links provided by Spoon, as well as a load of other posts and pages but couldn't see what you have confirmed clearly spelled out.

So effectively, if I don't buy Powerpack my rip speed will slow down and I won't be able to capture album art.

Thanks

LtData
03-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes: your rip speed slows down, I am unsure about the album part however. You also lose the ability to edit the tags of a file from the Windows Exporer window, either by right-click --> Edit Tag or going to properties then editing the tag.