PDA

View Full Version : Scripting a Compressed Wave File

kdichter
03-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I know how to accomplish my goal using the DMC on screen interface. I can not figure out how to do it with scripting. Can someone please suggest.

With DMC interface I select my file and choose "convert to" I choose "Wave" then click "Compressed" and change format to "MPEG Layer-3". Now my output will be a .wav file with MPEG compressed contents. I can move the dot back from Compressed to the uncompressed choice to go back to standard PCM .wav files.

That seems simple, but I'm not sure how to script it? WaveSettings.Set command does not seems to allow for "convert" choices. I do scripted conversions to MP3 all the time. I know the basic scripting commands for everything except how to change between Compressed and Uncompressed, and how to select the MPEG Layer-3 Wave output format.

I've searched this forum. I'm not sure where else I might find valuable documentation or tips.

Spoon
03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
You would select 'Wave' and pass the commandline needed for the encoder, see:

HKCU\Software\Illustrate\dbpoweramp\dMCCodec\Wave

for how it is stored.

kdichter
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Mr Spoon,

It's a pleasure to chat with you again after all these years. Thank you for the answer. I believe I see everything I need to solve my problem right where you sent me. I'd like to ask a follow-up question.

You probably don't recall, I'm using your product to create and convert voice reports. The MPEG Layer-3 attributes that work best for me are

"64K Bit/s. 48,000hz Mono 7kb/sec"

DMC on my development computer has that as a choice, but my Target computer does not. I must have at one point loaded another codec that introduced more choices, but I don't know which one. Can you suggest a codec that would provide the attributes that I've described or recommend what would provide best results for high quality mono audio?

Thank you

LtData
03-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Try picking wave-mp3 as your compressed wave, are those the options you wanted?

kdichter
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Well most of my development is counting on using DMC version 10.1 so the options are a bit different from current. The development computer is also using version 10.1, so I know it's possible, just don't know which of the codecs gave me the extra choices.

Thanks for your suggestion.

LtData
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Try installing the LAME ACM codec here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/LAME_ACM_Codec.htm

kdichter
03-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks, That was the answer.