PDA

View Full Version : how to separate album rips by the same artist

muzzer
03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I have been ripping a load of albums tonight but I have noticed when I rip several by the same artist they all end up in the same folder with one album artwork example is I ripped Led Zep 1 with the artwork then How The West Was Won, everything ended up together with the latters artwork.How can I keep rips from the same artist separate with each individual albums artwork.
Cheers

LtData
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Change your naming scheme to have a "\[album]" just before the section that becomes the file name. If you can't figure out where this is, post your naming scheme and we will show you.

muzzer
03-04-2008, 11:14 AM
m artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]
Hi
I am using the default scheme as above.

LtData
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
OK, modifying the default scheme to what you want gives this:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]
I have put in bold what I added.

muzzer
03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Lt
I have pasted the new scheme into cdripper but things are still not quite as I want them.Now when I rip the first cd by the artist I get a nice big folder icon in my music folder with the track listing inside and the album artwork on the front of the folder.I then rip another album by the same artist and this time the album appears as a smaller folder icon inside the large one but the artwork for that album is separate in the track listing.Is there anyway to get the second album to be a large icon with artwork outside the first album folder?
Hope this makes sense.

LtData
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Only if you rip each album to a separate folder.