PDA

View Full Version : so.. um.. question..

sleepisgood
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Okay well I am thinking about ripping my music into lossless format. I've decided on wma because its the most compatible and I have trouble playing flac files on my computer (cant seek for some reason). But anyway so i have chosen wma.

Don't laugh.. but these are the two albums i am testing it with
Missy Higgins - The sound of white
Avril Lavigne - Let go

First time I did avril lavigne with verification ticked it had crc errors and blah.
I then went into options and ticked the 'secure' option and then it ripped perfectly saying it was accurate and good.

So then i move onto the missy higgins.. well..
track 1 (all for believing) always does a re rip frame thing... and it ends up finishing saying "X AR (14) i Secure"
then ALL of the other tracks rip saying "X AR (13,14) *tick* Secure"

So i'm sorta confused... So those tracks get a tick and are verified and they are secure but 14 other people don't agree? how could that be?

I have a samsung drive that is reported as "[TSSTcord - CDDVDRW SH-S202H]" if that helps.. so whats up, do i just ignore that 14 other people dont get the same result?

sleepisgood
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
i just used ultra secure and i ticked both options but i get the same result except the first track no longer has an i and just has a tick.

so.. whats up?

edit: same with converting to flac.

LtData
02-28-2008, 07:10 PM
If all tracks say X AR and have about the same numbers, then your CD is a different pressing than what they ripped. When this is the case, you want the secure checkmark.

sleepisgood
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
oh and another question..

with the track 'complicated' as an example...

The cd case says its 4:05
windows media player says the track (on cd) is 4:05
Then when i rip to wave or to wma it says 4:04... but it still says its accurate.

??

sleepisgood
02-28-2008, 07:14 PM
If all tracks say X AR and have about the same numbers, then your CD is a different pressing than what they ripped. When this is the case, you want the secure checkmark.

oh okay so its a different cd version? is that what you mean?

so i guess its all good ey. still its a bit concerning 14 people had diff results. is there a way to see how many had the same? Surely i'm not the only one with this version.

LtData
02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
In regards to track length, that would probably be due to rounding errors (4:04.56 or something similar).

In regards to AR, I am not sure how it picks which result it tries to match with, Spoon would have to answer that

Spoon
02-29-2008, 04:23 AM
>still its a bit concerning 14 people had diff results. is there a way to see how many had the same?

For that one CD there could be 10 different pressing versions, none had the same results otherwise it would show accurate.

EliC
02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
For that one CD there could be 10 different pressing versions, none had the same results otherwise it would show accurate.

Unless one other person has had the same result but it has not made it to the db because there are no matches for that pressing. Here is where adding results with only one submission if the rip is secure could be helpful.