PDA

View Full Version : Re-rip frames

Dude
02-22-2008, 10:47 AM
hi,

if dbpoweramp reference needs to re-rip some frames of a track (at the end of the ripping process), sometimes the 'rectangle' with the re-rip line inside has a red border but sometimes the border stays black.
What's the meaning of those colors?

thx

pls1
02-22-2008, 11:22 AM
It's in the help-file. There is a color graphic of the box colors:
"The red highlight shows that frames could not be recovered whilst ripping, an insecure rip."

Dude
02-23-2008, 07:19 AM
"The red highlight shows that frames could not be recovered whilst ripping, an insecure rip."

Is it recommended to use the lowest drive speed for best results with re-ripping individual frames or is this dependent on the cd drive?

thx

Spoon
02-23-2008, 11:57 AM
CD Drive dependant, some drives rip worse at lower speeds, some better.

capsmet
03-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Spoon,

I know that this is an old thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently upgraded to DB PowerAmp Ref 13.1 on my Windoze Vista machine, and have been having a lot more re-rip problems than I had before the upgrade. While I don't *think* that my drive was jostled during it's hiatus, I can't, however, rule out any problems.

I installed the current beta version of Batch Ripper (I actually couldn't find a link to download the current production version), and am doing secure (though not ultra secure) rips to 320K AAC. I also installed the: dBpoweramp-Batch-Ripper-MiniCubis-Loader.

With all this said, I am finding that a number of my CDs are just not ripping. They end up re-ripping for ever with (as the previous posts talk about) red-box re-ripping.

I have a DiscMakers Pico (which I understand to be a repackaged mf digital baxter).

You said that it greatly depends on the specific drive that you have.

Can you offer any suggestions for how I can improve my ripping (given the above) and/or what the optimum settings are for the MF Digital Baxter?

Many thanks,

Capsmet

Spoon
03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
You would be glad to know, that the drive on a baxtor is very easy to swap out to a different drive.

bhoar
03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Is the drive a Pioneer drive? They're generally good at DVD-related tasks, but rather poor for CD-related tasks.

-brendan