PDA

View Full Version : dbpowerAMP R13 Registration? ..and other pre-sale questions.

Spook
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Hello Spoon,

In the last couple of days I have been trying out my hand a making DAP files from my music collection. Fortunantly I was able to cut through most all the less capable CD ripper/converter applications and found EAC and dbpoweramp converter very quickly.

I started with the current R12 release and realized there are some features that steer me towards either R11.5 or R13 -- hence I have removed R12.4 and am now using the R13.

However, I tried some of the other dbpoweramp applications and am struggling to figure out just how to proceed since the state of developement appears to require pre-R12 to allow all products to work as a 'suite' or with one another.

Anyhow, let me try and be more concise:

Can R13 alpha be registered? ..to avoid R12->R13 upgrade costs as conveyed here (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost.php?p=48732&postcount=1).
Is converter R13 release going to facilitate smoother catch-up for the other products? ..is their advancement on hold for R13 converter release?
Would an R12 reference registration allow R11 ref use to sync with other dbpoweramp products?
Is there an 'optimized' bundle of all products available for purchase? ..accounting for redundant individual bundle items.

I guess my version selection complexity really lay in that there are products which are not yet advanced to R12 yet converter is moving into an R13 state.. and my desire to perhaps go ahead and register multiple products despite their versions being skewed and the apparent need for same versions for reciprocity among multiple products.

Any help with me making a good choice here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Spoon
02-18-2008, 04:19 AM
1. R13 will not be able to be registered until release, which could easily be 5 months.
2. We are working hard to bring other programs upto R12 standard.
3. If is difficult to setup and we do not recommend it, CD Writer is available free in beta which is R12 compatible until release, see the beta section of this forum.
4. There will be when R13 is out, CD Writer and Sveta will become part of Reference.

Spook
02-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the info.

Sounds like it'd be best to simply register 'converter' R12 plus perhaps the R13 alpha and other betas, as available.

I like the audio player but since I had R12 installed I didn't explore just what linkage to converter I'd foreit by not fiddling with the R12->R11 compatibility procedures I read about.

A few more questions I forgot to bring up:
Is there any 'post-rip' way (using dbpowerAMP products) to pull metadata from AMG or other internet databases? ..tagging for my pre-existing encoded stuff.
Is it possible to re-tune AccurateRip settings for a drive?
Will there be possibility for multiple years purchase of the internet metadata conduit(s)? ..AMG, MusicBrainz, etc.
Thanks again.

PS: regarding my Q *1 previously.. I am not a cheapskate, just know know the value of asking questions. :) I am confident that the cost of upgrade would be a no-brainer for me.

Spoon
02-18-2008, 08:31 AM
1. Not currently
2. You mean find the drive offset again?
3. No

Spook
02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
RE: *2

Yes, upon install there was prompt to 'tune' the offset by using 3 key discs.. IIRC, I've had it say it was setup after only 2 key discs. Figured it might be of some use to have it go through the setup again.

Spoon
02-19-2008, 03:58 AM
Check accuraterip.com >> Drive Offsets if the offset listed there matches the one in the program then without question it is correct.

Salem874
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
...I forgot to bring up:
Is there any 'post-rip' way (using dbpowerAMP products) to pull metadata from AMG or other internet databases? ..tagging for my pre-existing encoded stuff.
Thanks again...

1. Not currently...

Is this planned for R13?

EliC
02-29-2008, 01:41 PM
See the advanced meta-data tool thread in the wishlist forum. There have been hints that something like this MAY be implemented but no official word one way or the other.