PDA

View Full Version : AccurateRip question

Dude
02-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi,

I ripped a CD and it was in AccurateRip database. It says 'Accurate (1)' for each track of the CD. How many matches must there be in the database for a track to assume it's ripped accurate? Is 1 enough like in this case?

thx!

Spoon
02-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Yes 1, as long as it was not you that submitted the result.

garym
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I have a number of CDs that only return a (1). Initially I didn't like this, but then I started thinking of this as pretty good. Consider this is equivalent to someone else with a different disc, different computer, etc. ripping this disc and getting identical output as you. This is actually stronger evidence of a good rip than you ripping it yourself twice on the same computer and comparing.

LtData
02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Do note that if the result says 'Inaccurate (1)', either you or the previous submitter could have an inaccurate rip. However, if it says 'Accurate (1)', than you and the previous submitter both have good rips. The chance of both of you getting the same result with bad rips is about 1 in 4 billion, I believe.

Note that this assumes you aren't the previous submitter.

Dude
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Do note that if the result says 'Inaccurate (1)', either you or the previous submitter could have an inaccurate rip.

So is it true when you get 'Inaccurate (1)', there is no way to know if you or the other person has the inaccurate rip?

thx

LtData
02-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Correct, Dude.

Dude
02-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Note that this assumes you aren't the previous submitter.

What if you submitted a CD to the AccurateRip database but much later you rip that same CD again on the same pc but you forgot you submitted that CD *AND* there is still only 1 submitted result for that particular CD (the result you submitted yourself some time ago).
Will AccurateRip compare the computer ID and tell it was you that submitted that CD or does AccurateRip not know if you or somebody else submitted the CD? So will AccurateRip, in this case, just compare with the submitted CD even if it was you that submitted it some time ago?

thx

Spoon
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
No computer IDs are not in the end database.

Dude
02-14-2008, 06:35 PM
No computer IDs are not in the end database.

What are the computer IDs used for then or what's the meaning of it?

thx

Spoon
02-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Sorting submissions and removing a users submissions if the system decides to.

Dude
02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorting submissions and removing a users submissions if the system decides to.

Can you give me an example when submissions are removed please? Because I thought the more submissions the better the database.

thx

LtData
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
I think submissions are removed if a user is found to have a misconfigured AccurateRip (using all CDs in a set to configure AccurateRip) or something similar.

Spoon
02-16-2008, 08:53 AM
The internals of AccurateRip are not disclosed, as there have been hack attempts against it, where deliberate bad results are submitted, just to say there is plenty of checking going on the submitted results, at any time all the results for a computer can be removed.