PDA

View Full Version : Thrying to figure outthe real effects of DSP filters

kdq
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm not intuitively familiar with the effects of the various DSPs, and I'm having trouble getting the results I want. One thing I specifically do not want to do is to keep re-ripping my CDs until they're worn down to nubs. So I decide to rip them to WAV and process the WAV files until I can get what I like.

Unhappy me. I find a lot of what I consider to be deficiencies and omissions from the dbPoweramp toolset. The CD ripper will put all sorts of wonderful information into the ripped files that the convert will not. Neither of them will allow me to add art to the resultant MP3 files.

I have the explorer context menu enabled. It will let me think I can add art to an WAV file, but it won't do it. It will do it to an MP3 file, but it won't do it to multiple MP3 files, even though it will do multiples of any other tag.

Maybe I'm expecting too much for my $28?

LtData
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
WAV doesn't suport album art being embedded into tags. Also, to add album art to multiple files at once, see here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost.php?p=70216&postcount=14

kdq
02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
That's great if you only want to import JPG art. I want to put PNGs in, which is allowed (and WinAmp will do).

Editing ID Tags also doesn't allow the entry of multi-line comments.

The ripper is great - but the rest of the software really needs work. Like in the converter, where you can't resize the width of the box that lists the tags, and you can't read the tags because of it.