PDA

View Full Version : Status/Meta doesn't load from dBpoweramp cache

pdclose
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Note: this is not about the drive cache.

I have the reference version, and have seen this with both 12.3 and 12.4.

The problem is I am not getting rip status or id changes cached. For example, I will load a disc, correct the author or title, rip several tracks, notice errors and eject the disc to clean it. I would expect when I re-load the disc it will load from "dBpoweramp cache [Local]" which will include corrections I have made and the status of each track ripped. Instead, it is reloaded from All Media Guide :(

The setting in Meta for dBpoweramp cache is checked.

Any ideas?

Spoon
02-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Type start >> run:

%appdata%

look in dbpoweramp\

and cdrippercache.bin should be updating each cd.

pdclose
02-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I just ripped six discs in a row, and only the first two ended up in the cache (i.e. the timestamp on CDRipperCache.bin was updated). For those two the cache was updated on eject. From the third on, not updated at all. I don't think it matters, but I am hitting the eject button in the UI rather than the hardware button on the drive.

If I put disc 1 or 2 back in, the cache is updated. It's like some of the discs don't generate valid cache keys. There are around 24 tracks on these discs if it matters (audio book). I also tried exiting CD ripper and starting a new copy, but the discs that don't get cached still don't get cached.

The drive is a SATA Samsung S203B.

Any ideas?

Paul :confused:

Spoon
02-11-2008, 04:51 AM
No sorry, the cache should always be written no matter what.

pdclose
02-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Is there something I can get you from the discs that don't cache so you could try to reproduce the problem? Some tool that can read the TOC?

I'd like to have these discs cached, although it's only an annoyance.

Thanks,
Paul

Spoon
02-15-2008, 04:05 AM
Try this test, delete or rename the cache file, then start CD Ripper and insert 1 disc which would not previously go into the cache, close cd ripper, is there a cache file? is it 0 bytes?

pdclose
02-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I renamed the cache file, inserted a disc that doesn't cache, changed some info in title and author, and hit eject.

No cache file was created.

Paul

Spoon
02-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Please send an email to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

referencing this thread.

chas9rr
05-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Was there ever any resoulution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem. It is very annoying when I have to clean a disk and imput all the info again to try a re-rip.
Any info would be much appreciated
Charles

Spoon
05-10-2008, 09:05 AM
The problem was, there was no artist set so it was not going into the cache, the latest r13 alpha has a fix for it.

chas9rr
05-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Well, thats not my problem, I always use the author name as artist and the book title as the album. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Charles

Spoon
05-11-2008, 04:24 AM
Try r13

Luuk
10-27-2008, 07:02 AM
I have exactly the same problem with r13. I ripped almost 800 discs and then re-ripped a few a day later. None were recognised by the ripper. I checked if there was a CDRipperCache.bin and there was (4 Mb in size and dated to today). I am using Vista Ultimate.

bhoar
10-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I have exactly the same problem with r13. I ripped almost 800 discs and then re-ripped a few a day later. None were recognised by the ripper. I checked if there was a CDRipperCache.bin and there was (4 Mb in size and dated to today). I am using Vista Ultimate.

Using the cd ripper or the batch ripper?

Spoon will correct me if I am wrong, but: with the cd ripper, there is a cache, but I do not believe it is big enough to handle 800 discs without throwing out the data for the beginning of the disc run...and therefore, while you were caching the last xx discs of metadata, you were never reading out of it because the second run through you'd already pushed each disc out of the cache by the time you got to them again. With the batch ripper, caching is much more restricted due to the commercial type licensing: you can enable a 24-hour cache, but there's a special command line option required in order to do so (it is not on by default)...but I don't know if the batch ripper has the cache size limit that the cd ripper has.

-brendan

Luuk
10-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I am using CD ripper. However, the discs I re-ripped were the ones I had done last, so they cannot have been deleted yet.

Spoon
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
The cache will only cache the last 10 or 20 discs.

bhoar
10-27-2008, 04:10 PM
The cache will only cache the last 10 or 20 discs.

Does that apply to the cd ripper cache, the batch ripper cache or both? If only the cd ripper, what's the size limit of the 24 hour batch ripper cache (if you activate it)?

-brendan

Spoon
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Batch Ripper 24hr cache is not limited. 20 discs is for CD Ripper.

smisk
11-30-2013, 02:47 PM
I think it would be great if the cache was written immediately before the ripping starts. That way, if anything goes wrong, nothing is lost. Has had this happen on me maybe 10 times for the last 300 cds i ripped. Possibly due to overheating, and in some rare case due to unreadability of the disc the machine halts and whatever data i cumbersomely entered (I always enter composer and individual track years manually) is lost.