PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Level

Boiled Beans
01-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Hi
I've installed EAC a few days ago, and I started ripping. Two of my CDs have problems with AccurateRip so far.

What does the confidence level mean? For Coldplay I get this

Track 1

Filename C:\Album Art\01 Coldplay - Square One.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
Test CRC 17716CE7
Copy CRC F728C49A
Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 57) [D69F137B], AccurateRip returned [9901B6F0]
Copy OK

(same for other tracks)

No tracks could be verified as accurate
You may have a different pressing from the one(s) in the database

No errors occurred

End of status report

Does confidence mean the number of people who get the exact rip as me? For 57, it seems rather high so is it still accurate? I have seen low confidence numbers on other CDs, yet deemed accurate by AccurateRip.

Another CD is Arctic Monkeys

Track 5

Filename C:\Album Art\Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent.wav

Peak level 99.9 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Copy CRC 4249AFC3
Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 3) [E7D06995], AccurateRip returned [3C5BA463]
Copy OK

Track 6

Filename C:\Album Art\Arctic Monkeys - Only Ones Who Know.wav

Peak level 99.9 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Copy CRC 412B3286
Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 3) [A4996747], AccurateRip returned [6761D4E3]
Copy OK

Track 7

Filename C:\Album Art\Arctic Monkeys - Do Me A Favour.wav

Peak level 99.9 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Copy CRC A03C617B
Track not present in AccurateRip database
Copy OK

Track 8

Filename C:\Album Art\Arctic Monkeys - This House Is A Circus.wav

Peak level 99.9 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Copy CRC 67E7116F
Track not present in AccurateRip database
Copy OK

(etc, etc....)

0 track(s) could not be verified as accurate
2 track(s) not present in the AccurateRip database

No tracks could be verified as accurate
You may have a different pressing from the one(s) in the database

No errors occurred

End of status report

Is there something different with my CD, with 2 tracks not found in the database, while none of the tracks on the CD are accurate?

The MP3s generate from both rips play OK though, no distortion or anything.

LtData
01-30-2008, 08:30 AM
In regards to your first question, it means 57 people had a different rip than you for all tracks, which means that your CD is probably a different pressing, which will result in different checksums.

As for your second question, I have also had CDs where some tracks weren't in the database. I'm not sure why this occurs other than guessing some people rip the tracks they like and not the others. As for all the tracks being inaccurate, see my first answer.

Spoon
01-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Unless you see Verified as Accurate (your examples are all where accuraterip is unable to verify your rip).

Now if all tracks cannot be verified then it is likely that your CD is a different pressing to the one in AccurateRip. If you have a CD with 10 tracks, all verify as accurate (any confidence level) except 1 track, then:

if the confidence level is high > 1 then it is lilkey your rip is wrong
if the confidence level is 1 then you cannot be sure if it is your rip or the other guys rip which was wrong

The confidence level is the number of people who have ripped that track, with exactly the same result.

Boiled Beans
01-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh, I see. So actually the confidence level is the number of people who have ripped the song and their version is exactly the same as the version in the database?

BTW, if I try re-ripping the Coldplay the CRCs values

Test CRC 17716CE7
Copy CRC F728C49A

are different every time. The re-ripped versions don't have distortions either and sound normal. This CD has the Copy controlled logo though. Is that the reason for these CRC problems?

Spoon
01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
>This CD has the Copy controlled logo though. Is that the reason for these CRC problems?

Probabbly not. AccurateRip is all about 100% accuracy, if is possible your CD drive applies silence to the audio, you might not hear the error, but it is there.

Boiled Beans
01-31-2008, 03:35 AM
If the Test CRC and Copy CRC is different from each other, does it mean there's something wrong with the Coldplay CD?

I've tried ripping in secure mode but it takes a long time and the error correction squares light up fully many times while ripping.

The CD only has light scratches.

BTW, does the length of the MP3 affect the CRC? I did not detect gaps while ripping the Arctic Monkeys CD so it has amended the gaps to the previous track.

Spoon
01-31-2008, 04:51 AM
It means your program / cd drive cannot read it.