PDA

View Full Version : Player Problems in CD Ripper

musicmafia
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
with some cds i only like a couple songs so i browse through and listen using the built in player in the cd ripper to choose which tracks i want to rip. worked fine but now when i play the tracks im getting major distortion and drop-outs..its now doing this with all cds...the rips are accurate and secure and when i play the flac files back in winamp they sound perfect..i didnt do anything different or change settings...ripping cds in perfect condition to flac with compression 8...the only problem ive had was a cdgrabber(?) error that mysteriously froze up the ripper when i was trying to rip a cd a few days back..dont remember if this player problem started before or after that event......any idea why the player is doing that? or how to resolve? thanks!

LtData
01-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Check this: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=15415

musicmafia
01-28-2008, 10:59 PM
thanks for the suggestions...unfortunately doesnt appear to be DMA problem as primary and secondary drives are set to DMA...

the problem may be more than a player problem....had the same type of crash while ripping tonight....a dozen cds ripped fine (except for the player) then crashed...cdripper wouldnt respond, drive wouldnt respond and the error report window just said cdgrab.exe. i searched here for cdgrab issues but didnt find much except for vista...im on xp home sp2 with 4 gigs ram. should i start a new thread for this issue? thanks again!

Spoon
01-29-2008, 04:22 AM
No this thread is fine, you can always try the 'Windows Internal' communication method, see if that helps (on options).

musicmafia
01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
No this thread is fine, you can always try the 'Windows Internal' communication method, see if that helps (on options).

spoon, thanks for your help...not sure i follow...can you reply with specific instruction for me to try...many thanx

Spoon
01-29-2008, 05:21 PM
CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication >> Windows Internal

musicmafia
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
just wanted to say thanks and report that this does appear to solve this issue as i have had no further crashes since changing to the settings you recommended..thx again MM