PDA

View Full Version : tags from AMG without re-ripping?

bobkoure
01-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Is there any way to update the CDs I already have ripped with the AMG tags? I'm in the process of re-ripping the first part of my collection (EAC/192VBR - done before I knew about lossless) - and the tags (particularly the artist tags) are way beyond anything I ever got from freedb (well, duh!).
So, I'm wondering if I have to re-rip everything to get these tags or if there's some other way (buying another AMG license would be fine)?
Thanks!

EliC
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
No, not at this time, and probably not in the future without CD TOC tags, so you would need to re-rip anyway. See my thread on the advanced meta data tool in the wishlist forum or my signature below.

Spoon
01-28-2008, 04:24 AM
It would be possible (in future) if you had an artist and album name.

bobkoure
01-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Wow - thanks!

Berg
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
It would be possible (in future) if you had an artist and album name.

That would be great !!! :thumbup:

imagnrywar
06-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Bumping this old thread because I'm wondering if there are any updates on this topic. Will this still be a possibility at some point?

I've been ripping hundreds of CDs over the past week. At first I was primarily using AMG, but then had to check freedb for certain discs. I wasn't paying attention and never switched back, so a lot of CDs were tagged only with the freedb info. I'm a bit annoyed because I would have loved to have the detailed "composer" and "year" tags that only AMG has. It's too late to re-rip - I've spent hours and hours and am definitely not doing that again.

Thanks for any info!

EliC
06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
why aren't you using PerfectMeta, which should use all 4 providers at the same time?