PDA

View Full Version : Recalculate accurate rip?

Tigerman
01-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Is there a way to recalculate the accurate rip result from a wave-file or flac-file?
Something like the CRC-codec, but then for accurate rip?

tourrilhes
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi,

It's funny, I had exactly the same question.

I ripped a whole bunch of CD, and for most of them it said either "not in database" or "you must have a different pressing". I'm sure the database will grow with time, so in 6 months I would like to check again my rips to the updated database without having to rip again those CDs.

Also, I may try to track down a better CD ripper hardware. Once I do that, it would be nice to find the list of CDs not accurately ripped so that I can rip them again.

Obviously, this would assume that the CD were ripped with AcurateRip to start with (because of offset) and stored in a lossless format (WAV, FLAC, ...).

Regards,

Jean

Spoon
01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Currently no.

LtData
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I believe there is an eventual plan to make a utility that could use the AccurateRip checksum that was written to tags to compare it to the database, but this hasn't been implemented yet.

Tigerman
01-25-2008, 06:21 AM
I believe there is an eventual plan to make a utility that could use the AccurateRip checksum that was written to tags to compare it to the database, but this hasn't been implemented yet.

Would be a very nice feature, but a codec like the crc-codec (maybe it can write the outcome to the tags) would be a handy tool too.
Maybe (I'm not an expert) it can complement each other. Don't know if it is possible to calculate all necessary information, to recognize a disc from a ripped album.

lucky
02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Yes, I'd definitely like to see a way to check existing flac/wav files against the accuraterip database.
I ripped plenty CDs some time ago (with logs/cues, but without accuraterip enabled) and would like to check them against the database to see if I should re-rip them.

This is THE feature I'm still missing, would be really nice to be able to check those rips against the database.

Gregg Hughes
02-18-2008, 01:50 AM
This would be a fantastic feature!

Is it possible to remove certain rips from the database before submitting? There are times when I rip from CD-Rs and I don't want to taint the AccurateRip database with potentially flawed rips. I've been refusing to submit valid results since I have no way of separating out the occasional CD-R from the pressed discs.

Spoon
02-18-2008, 04:22 AM
AccurateRip should not be effected by bad rips.

bhoar
02-18-2008, 11:27 AM
AccurateRip should not be effected by bad rips.

There's actually one exception to that: the results I submit for a single disc that has a consistent error, especially if I submit results from multiple computers or on the same computer after a reinstall will then come back as "accurate" should *I* ever rip the same disc again.

The bad results are extremely unlikely to cause problems for other people, of course. The problems will only be for me...or anyone else who ends up with my particular CD at a later point in time.

EDIT: actually, if I were to submit four results (over multiple computers) of a disc with a consistent error and my results were the *only* results in the database for that disc, then the first person to rip a non-damaged CD would get an Inaccurate (4), wouldn't they?

-brendan

PS - if, yet again, I've made a false statement regarding accuraterip results, then I've clearly got to throw in the towel and give up commenting on it at all! :)

Spoon
02-18-2008, 01:08 PM
EDIT: actually, if I were to submit four results (over multiple computers) of a disc with a consistent error and my results were the *only* results in the database for that disc, then the first person to rip a non-damaged CD would get an Inaccurate (4), wouldn't they?

They would only see Inaccurate (4)

ikrananka
07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I would just like to add my voice to request a utility to check previously ripped tracks against the AccurateRip database. I'm sure many others would love to see it too.

I recently re-encoded my entire flac collection - have heard some volume issues on some tracks - and so it would be great to be able to determine if my re-encoding introduced errors and if so where.

etjw
03-04-2010, 03:05 PM
This would be a nice feature to have.

Teknojnky
03-04-2010, 04:42 PM
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=CueTools

Porcus
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
As much as I appreciate CUETools, there are issues it cannot solve. Shamelessly plugging my own wishlist entry:
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=20563

eaglescout1998
03-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes, I'd definitely like to see a way to check existing flac/wav files against the accuraterip database.

There is a Foobar component that will do this.