PDA

View Full Version : conficting detection for C2 error pointer support

creiter1
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I am getting messages stating C2 supported and also NOT supported within dbPoweramp Reference 12.4 (registered) for the same drive. When I use "Detect C2 Error Support" (found in dbPoweramp Reference 12.4 options: ripping: secure: C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection) the detection successfully finds C2 support on my Pioneer DVR-111D firmware 1.29). However in options:CD ROM: Drive [technical]:C2 Error Pointers: it says "No". Communication is SCSI Pass Through (SPT). Nero's Infotool also reports C2 support for my drive. Which report should I trust?
Since C2 support effects the Ultra secure settings, Maximum rereads, and C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection in the Secure menu it is not clear how to properly configure everything. Thanks in advance for your time.

LtData
01-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Have you tried to rip with C2 enabled? Does it work or do you get errors?

I think if the details of your drive say C2 is not supported, don't turn it on.

creiter1
01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
I have tried checking the option for C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection (in agreement with the C2 detection), but leaving the Ultra secure settings according to no C2 (min 3, max 6, end 2) and Maximum rereads 50. Most of the time I am ripping with an "accurate" reported, but I've yet to do further testing and critical listening of the files. I really don't want to waste my time in the beginning of my archiving process.
BTW My playback sytems are painfully revealing of flaws (electrostatics, McIntosh amps, separate D/A converter, isolated clean power, great cables ...). The kind of system that makes you believe the soundstage, makes you happy or sad, and well... hear every recording flaw.

Spoon
01-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Trust the test for c2 pointers, if the test detects c2 (not at the start of the disc) then c2 is being used.

creiter1
01-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your time Spoon. I'll be recommending your software to others.
PS How do I purchase another registered copy for someone else as a gift?

LtData
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
As far as I am concerned, just purchase it and give them the order number so they can retrieve their downloads at a later time.