PDA

View Full Version : WMA Options Missing

Sargie
01-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi,

I am a registered user of Dbpoweramp and it has been running well for a number of months on my Vista 64 bit system.

I went to convert some files to WMA lossless (as I always do) and the options are missing. I can select WMA 10 but none of the other options or settings are visible. All of the other Codecs appear fine.

I have tried re-installing everything (including removing all instances of Dbpoweramp that I could find in the registry) but every time I re-install I get the same problem.

I installed an XP virtual machine and it runs fine on this, so I have a work-around, just not an elegant one :)

Anyone have any hints for me - I would appreciate it!

Sarge

Spoon
01-18-2008, 04:25 AM
I am not even sure microsoft have released the drivers (windows media codecs) for that on x64, I seem to remember they have not.

Sargie
01-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Yes they have. The software has worked fine for months - it's just stopped working fine and re-installation does not fix it.

LtData
01-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Could you link us to a screenshot of what your experiencing?

Sargie
01-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Sure... Notice there is nothing in any of the drop down menus. The menus are "openable" but have not selectable content.

http://www.sargie.net/Webimages/db1.jpg

xoas
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Sorry to ask an obvious question but are you using the WMA, but are you using the WMA 10 codec r4 for Vista or for XP? When it was working, was it working with the XP version or the Vista version?

I had a similar thing happen with my XP version of the WMA codec but it did correct with a simple uninstall/reinstall. I have wondered whether there might not have been some type of system update that might have caused this, but this is only sheer supposition on my part.

Best wishes,
Bill

Sargie
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest codec you can download from the Dbpoweramp site which says it is r4 when installed. This the version I have always used and it has always worked (until now!).

It's a good guess about the System Update causing this. Something obviously did. I think a re-install might fix it but I can't seem to get a completely clean un-install first - this might be the issue...

It's irritating!

Sarge

xoas
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Did you try the tips for cleaning the registery (including the linked re-set routine) in the FAQ section here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285 ?

(Do note that this may well affect your AMG subscription if it is still active).
Bill

Sargie
01-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Xoas - no I didn't but that is very helpful. I will try and report back.

Thanks!

Sarge

Sargie
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Looks like the problem is with Vista. I went to do some video work and I cannot compress to WMV. I then tried to rip a CD with Media Player and I cannot rip to WMA. Looks like all the Windows Media codecs are borked :( Now trying to figure out how to get them back without re-installing the whole bloody computer!

Sargie
01-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Couldn't... Had to re-install