PDA

View Full Version : DBpoweramp CD Ripper crashes in Vista consistently

fullhousedenver
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I've installed v 12.3 registered. It worked great. The next time I fired it up it looked OK until I inserted a CD into the drive. I then got an error message from windows saying "dbpoweramp CD Ripper has stopped working."

This happens consistently when I insert the CD. I've upgraded to v12.4 but the crash still happens consistently when I insert the CD. If I don't insert the CD the program looks exactly normal - until I insert the CD.

Help!

MS Vista Ultimate
Core 2 Duo
2Gigs ram
500 Gig HD

fullhousedenver
01-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I should note it's not a hardware problem. I can restore to point several days ago and dBpoweramp CD ripper works again.

brtjcksn
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Having same problem as fullhousedenver, with cd ripper crashing in vista.
have tried restore, uninstalling and reinstalling, same problem reoccours.

any help with situation would be appreciated!

LtData
01-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Try totally clearing dMC from the system here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285
And then reinstalling it.

fullhousedenver
01-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Having to go through a two-stage deinstall, and then having to do a reinstall is a lot of work to fix what looks like a bug somewhere between Vista and dBpoweramp. It's easier at that point just to do a System Restore - but neither solution fixes the recurring problem.

The last time it stopped working was immediately after I pushed the Meta button to retrieve titles.

LtData
01-13-2008, 12:15 PM
What security software are you running?

jqubed
01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm getting the same problem. Will try the complete re-install and let you know how it goes.

jqubed
01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm getting the same problem. Will try the complete re-install and let you know how it goes.

the re-install seems to have worked, but i'm reserving judgement because when i'd installed the first time it worked fine for a while then, too