PDA

View Full Version : ripping to mp3

barrytibbles
01-07-2008, 09:42 AM
hope someone out there can help me as i have been going round in circles.
usually rip cds using windows media. lately have been finding not giving artists names or tracks and titles, the latest ones being now 68 and the hoosiers. have been recommended many site which some dont work. was told about this site...so checked and it lists artists and songs...hooray. Not being computer minded could someone explain to an idiot how i get it from CD ripper stage to my sony ericsson w580i phone/mp3 player. Have been using windows media and Disc 2 phone software that came with phone which has worked.

Wayne
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I assume that you would use the CD Ripper program to rip CDs to get the tracks on your PC. Once they are on your PC you would then use the Disc 2 phone software to transfer the tracks to your phone.

barrytibbles
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
this is how i have done it before with windows...but cant see where you tell it in cd ripper to transfer to mp3

Wayne
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
In the bottom left hand corner is a set of options. One of these is the "Rip To" setting, by clicking on the V bottom a list of available formats appears- select mp3.

for the other options have a look at the documentation that should have been installed onto the start menu.

barrytibbles
01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
i did click on the mp3 option...but nothing happened

Wayne
01-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Have you looked at the documentation installed?

What exactly do you want to know?

Can you confirm that you have inserted a CD and the CD Ripper has retrieved the track information?

To start the ripping process you need to ensure that tracks have been selected before clicking on the Rip button (top left).

barrytibbles
01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
what im having trouble with is how to tell it to get from the cd ripper to my mp3 player. in bottom left corner says rip to mp3 (lame) and shows artists and songs on top and shows that it as ripped ok..i dont understand how to tell it to send it to my mp3/phone via usb port because nothing seems to work. with windows you just ripped and then it would appear and you could send it to mp3.

Wayne
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
The CD Ripper will rip the tracks to a location on your PC, the Path option bottom right. You can alter this location and indicate how you would like your ripped tracks to be organised - similar to Windows Media Player.

To get them on your phone you will have to rely on the software that came with your phone.