PDA

View Full Version : Can't find where to download from

Bob in STL
01-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Hello,
I'm new here and can't find where on AccurateRip.com to download the software. I see the thread started by Spoon that the server has changed, unsure if this has anything to do with it?
I've gone to http://www.accuraterip.com/software.htm but there is no button to click on.

Thank You!!
Bob

Spoon
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Accurate Rip is included as default with EAC and dBpoweramp, nothing to install.

Bob in STL
01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Ok Mr. Spoon, Thank You!
I've downloaded EAC and FLAC, so I should be set to go?
I've not run either program, but I assume I'm finished, no hoops to jump through?

Thanks again, sorry for the delayed reply.
Bob

LtData
01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
You will need to put in CDs that are considered "key discs" by AccurateRip so that it can configure. Basically, just put in more-popular discs until it offers to configure.

Bob in STL
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Good deal Lt. Data. I'll do that. Thank You very much for the reply. Apparently my music choices are "odd" enough that it's not seen anything it likes yet. haha

Since it appears you're a mod, I thought I'd take this oportunity to comment that I think it's odd that you've got spam PM's here. Very unusual for any forums I've ever been on.

Also, I've not received email notification for topic replies (or my spam PM).
I've been through my profile and everythings checkmarked, email address is correct, and the "Thread Subscription" just below the "Reply to Thread" box is set to "Instant email notification".
I'm using AOL which seems to be "buggy" for some forums. But I've not found you in my spam folder. Any thoughts?

Thank you again for your assistance. Sorry to bring up multiple topics on a specific topic thread.

Bob

bhoar
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
What is a Spam PM?

-brendan

LtData
01-12-2008, 03:15 PM
E-mail doesn't work, as the announcement says at the top of every forum: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/announcement.php?f=10&announcementid=12

Bob in STL
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry about that Lt Data, I missed that. Thanks for explaining.

Brendan, I received the following PM (private message) from a member that has never made a single post: ( I used "X" instead of the members name)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
XXXXXXXXX
<snip>
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Against my better judgment, I clicked the link (curiosity got to me), but the link didn't work. It sure seemed like spam to me.

Bob

chileboy
01-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Now that you mentioned it, I got exactly the same PM soon after I joined.

Considering its mystical nature, maybe we're simply two "chosen ones"!

- Mark

LtData
01-14-2008, 07:20 PM
If you get these types of PMs in the future, forward them to me and I will ban the user.

Bob in STL
01-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Mark, I've been chosen for many things like this over the years but usually the person asking is standing on my front porch with their "special book" in hand. HA HA

Lt Data, If it happens again I'll forward it to you. I assume you have the power to dig into my profile and check my PM to see the user in question.
For now, I'm not worried about it and will let it die.

Thanks to all for your help, and for your patience (tolorance) of this thread having multiple topics.

Bob

LtData
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
No, I cannot dig into your profile and see your PMs. I can only see what you forward to me.