PDA

View Full Version : Safe to run CD Ripper on two drives at once?

duffin
12-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I have to DVD/CR-ROM drives in my PC.

It appears I can run CD Ripper on both at once buring albums to the HD.

Any risk in doing so?

LtData
12-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Use the Batch Ripper, currently in the beta forum, if you want to use 2 drives at once.

EliC
12-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Yes, you can launch dBpoweramp multiple times to rip in different drives. If you use the batch ripper you will be using the commercial license for the meta data, which is really no good if you dont have the benefit of a robot.

bhoar
12-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes, you can launch dBpoweramp multiple times to rip in different drives. If you use the batch ripper you will be using the commercial license for the meta data, which is really no good if you dont have the benefit of a robot.

I wouldn't say it's "no good". If you have 2 to 8 manually-loaded drives connected to the machine (native SATA and/or firewire would be best), you can really speed through the stacks quickly with the batch ripper.

-brendan

duffin
12-23-2007, 01:29 AM
I wouldn't say it's "no good". If you have 2 to 8 manually-loaded drives connected to the machine (native SATA and/or firewire would be best), you can really speed through the stacks quickly with the batch ripper.

-brendan

Why no good? I am on a very high end personal desktop (native SATA, 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache) with both CD drives showing they are ripping at 25x simultaneously to the hard drive using CD Ripper. Compression is set to "0".

Am I missing some other variable or risk to quality?

Spoon
12-23-2007, 05:30 AM
With 2 drives there is no risk to quality.