PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Collection - Level Audio for Collection?

duffin
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I am ripping my whole collection using dbPowerAmp to FLAC for playback on Sonos.

I am also using MediaMonkey to convert on the fly sync songs to MP3 for my Blackberry Curve.

What is the best setup procedure in dbPowerAmp for ripping to FLAC to make sure the audio is leveled across the collection so that there are no spikes during Sonos or Blackberry playback?

I see that MediaMonkey has the ability to level the audio for files, but I am not sure if I want to make that correction to every file in the library in MM.

Suggestions?

BTW - First week using dbPowerAmp and MM. I am just a little bit technical (non-developer).

EliC
12-22-2007, 02:10 PM
calculate replay gain (dsp addon) and use the dBpoweramp converter and apply the replay gain for normalization when converting to mp3.

duffin
12-22-2007, 02:43 PM
calculate replay gain (dsp addon) and use the dBpoweramp converter and apply the replay gain for normalization when converting to mp3.

I added the Replay gain (Add-on), but I don't the settings. Which should I choose?
- Calculate Track Gain, and/or
- Calculate Album Gain
- Album Identified with
* All files in Batch, or
* Album ID Tag

I also don't understand your suggestion "use the dBpoweramp converter and apply the replay gain for normalization...."

Do I need to do something inside CD Ripper before hitting the RIP button?

EliC
12-22-2007, 03:40 PM
you want to calculate track gain and use Album ID tag

my suggestion was for after ripping, when converting to mp3 there is the option to use the replaygain data to normalize the audio.

duffin
12-22-2007, 05:27 PM
you want to calculate track gain and use Album ID tag

my suggestion was for after ripping, when converting to mp3 there is the option to use the replaygain data to normalize the audio.

I see. Thanks!

When I convert to MP3, I will use MediaMonkey's audio level feature since it is all part of the "sync to device" routine.

cableguy
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi. Can you apply replay gain after the rip or does it have to be done during?

EliC
01-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Can be done after.