PDA

View Full Version : read offset to zero

rodney_mckay
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Question, how do I get the read offset to 0, and accuraterip will work? I want to load a EAC image in daemontools, and re-rip with dbpoweramp cd ripper. So i get nice metadata from AMG. Thanks for answering..

rodney_mckay
12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I found a solution. I have manualy add the read sample offset (zero for a virtual drive) in my registery. Works great!

Spoon
12-18-2007, 03:26 PM
You should let dBpoweramp find the offset, even for virtual mounted images.

Tigerman
12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
You should let dBpoweramp find the offset, even for virtual mounted images.

Easier said then done, I ripped 15 cd of which only one was useable. I need 3 of discs.
So Rodney please tell me how you determined the name and driveletter in the register?

Tigerman
12-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Finally found 3 key discs that were accepted. Can mount cue/wav-file and use accurate rip. :thumbup:
Next question (Not DBP ripper related): is there a way to mount individual tracks with the EAC Non-compliant cue-file? I tried 3 different programs for virtual drives, none of them accept the non-compliant cue-file.
Alcohol 52% gave me an error: no start-index was defined before previous track.
So maybe some editing would do the trick, I tried to add a INDEX 00 but to no avail.
Also searched the web for a solution, but couldn't find something that worked.

Some hints would be welcome.

Foamer
05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Dumb question from a new user, but does the offset adjustment apply consistently to a particular drive model? It doesn't change from CD to CD, does it?

Secondly, secure ripping appears to take much longer than AccurateRip. If a CD is in the AccurateRip database, do I need to run with SecureRip at all, and is not Secure Rip applied if an AccurateRip match is not found?

Spoon
05-26-2009, 04:29 AM
CDs have pressing offsets. Drives have (usually) consistent offsets.

dBpoweramp will smartly secure rip when it has to, or use AccurateRip when it can.

Foamer
06-05-2009, 08:51 PM
What settings does one use to first rip with AccurateRip followed by Secure if needed? When I set DBPA to secure, I started to see error reports in the rip log even when it was ripping on Secure. Too much longer, as well, and still had more errors?

Spoon
06-06-2009, 05:01 AM
It will use AccurateRip first on secure always.