PDA

View Full Version : AccurateRip Hasn't Detected Offset

SkoobieDu
12-16-2007, 10:20 AM
AccurateRip hasn't detected my drive's offset. How do I force AR to detect my offset? I don't want to have to rip a bunch of cds to have to get it, especially since those rips may not be accurate; that would be a waste of time and drive space. Why isn't there a "Detect" button in the options window? It isn't that hard to invoke the necessary function(s), when the button is clicked. Thanks in advance.

EliC
12-16-2007, 10:39 AM
you don't have to rip multiple discs. just put multiple discs in until one is recognized. You will get a window asking you if you would like to configure accuraterip.

SkoobieDu
12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
That's the thing, I have some of the key discs that are on the AccurateRip's list, but I don't get the message box. I know that my drive's offset is +6, again I looked on the AR website. I had an unregistered version of dBp, but recently upgraded. AR had detected my drive's offset with the unregistered version, but now it doesn't want to. I'm thinking of uninstalling, but I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to. Aren't there some files I could delete, or what about configuration file(s) that I could edit?

LtData
12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Go into the Options menu (click the button, not the arrow), scroll down to the bottom and see if there is a "Sample Offset" or not. If there is one, you can hit "Reset to Zero" to have dMC redetect the offset. There is no manual way to set the offset.

Spoon
12-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Keep inserting CDs until the dialog is offered (you have not disabled dbpoweramp from accessing the internet)?