PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp

Shredder
12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey. I am about to start ripping a very large cd collection (2000+cds) in FLAC for use with a Slim Devices Squeezebox. I have a new iMAC and intend to use dbpoweramp as my ripper w/the MAC in PC mode through (the latest version of) Bootcamp. Has anyone done that? Will that work or create problems? Is there any issue I need to be aware of? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

LtData
12-12-2007, 10:41 PM
If you are using Bootcamp to make a windows partition and then boot into it, I see no reason it should not work as long as you install all the drivers Apple has you burn onto a disc.

hagak
12-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I have done this with no issue on my macbook pro running leopard. With Leopard you no longer need to burn a CD for the windows drivers. The driver install is on the Leopard CD. Pretty simple to do and the Mac will run Windows and apps just as well as any PC.

fairyliquidizer
01-15-2008, 06:54 AM
I have done this with no issue on my macbook pro running leopard. With Leopard you no longer need to burn a CD for the windows drivers. The driver install is on the Leopard CD. Pretty simple to do and the Mac will run Windows and apps just as well as any PC.

I'm thinking of getting a Macbook, how is Windows with only one built-in mouse button? (I realise an external mouse can be used).

Also, have you ran dbPoweramp under Wine, this works very nicely on LINUX does it also work nicely on OS X? Can it secure rip?

Thanks,
Fairy

kornchild2002
01-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I can comment on the mouse as I have a new iMac that has been running Windows Vista for 3 months now. It is a pain trying to do common Windows tasks with only one mouse button. I think you can hold down a button on the keyboard and click the mouse button if you want to right-click something. Purchase an external mouse such as Apple's Mighty Mouse. Any bluetooth or USB mouse will work though. It just makes life easier with a two button mouse in Windows.