PDA

View Full Version : Trying to make a MP3 CD, does not burn!!!

shawnZshihan
12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Says "drive not ready", when I go to burn a MP3 CD (700 MB).

The bitrate is also wrong (192 bit rate; my MP3's are 320 bit rate!).

I have a Plextor PX-755A, and I have no problems with this drive. It burned fine with GEAR CD WRITER 7.03. I got tired of that program as I could not sort tracks well, so I decided to try this (is sorting tracks a big technical issue in the burning world?).

Your program so far, sucks.

I need a solution, or I will revoke the order through my bank. I do not have time for this BS!

Shawn

bhoar
12-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Your program so far, sucks.

Nice attitude.

-brendan

shawnZshihan
12-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Nice attitude.

-brendan

I expect the program to work, not have to cluster-*** around with it for 3 hours; this is not a MOD for some stupid game.

Shawn

Spoon
12-07-2007, 03:13 AM
Try the new R3 beta version of cd writer (find it in the beta section of this forum).

shawnZshihan
12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Try the new R3 beta version of cd writer (find it in the beta section of this forum).

"Currently the editor is very non-functional, will be updated in the next beta release."

This does not help me; GEAR 7.03 can do this.

I need a solution, or a refund, Spoon. If I knew the software was basically non-functional, I would not have bothered to buy it!

Shawn

Spoon
12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with R2 of CD writer, if you have XP you need to be administrator to access the cd drive.

xoas
12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
With either program (CD Writer R2 or the CD Writer R3 beta) I believe you have the same range of alternatives for arranging tracks on an mp3 disc and both follow a few rules.

First is that you have to set up the various parameters for your mp3 disc (including disc size, format (wma vs. mp3 vs any other format for which you have the right codecs), and your file structure) BEFORE you add any tracks.

To do this, open CD Writer and click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner that says New CD (this is for R2, the R3 beta icon is labelled Create). In the new window click on the button that says Create New CD. Set the type of CD you will be working with (standard audio CD or mp3/wma CD). Set the format and click on the Settings button to set the bitrate and other settings you are wanting to use. Click on the Set button by the File Naming line and make the adjustments to the file arrangement scheme you want. If you are unacquainted with this particular control, it may take some trial and error. If you can outline how you want your file structure arranged I can tell you how to set it up if that would be helpful. Then click on OK. Check to make sure that the file structure and other parameters are as you want them, then click on Create CD. You will see a label for this template which identifies the audio format and disc size and a number (R3 allows you create an even more descriptive label wich is helpful).

Now you are ready to add your tracks. Be aware that while the screen will show the various tracks in the order that you add them, they will appear in the burned CD in the order that you set for file structure and that this will be determined on the basis (I believe) of file tag information, The only way to make sure this is set up the way you want it is to look at the Temporary file for the CD prior to burning.

I hope this is of some help. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Bill