PDA

View Full Version : Can this be down with Custom Tags

hagak
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I am trying to get dbpoweramp to play nicer with my music manager. My music manager wants the disc number to be in a tag named "DISC *" however dbpoweramp tags that as "disc".

In the ripper I see an option to add a custom tag, however I do not see how to get that custom tag to use a variable for the value. Such as using [disc] to set DISC * to the value of [disc].

Is this possible? If not any other ideas to solve my issue, short of tagging it myself ;)

LtData
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Have you tried the ID Tag Update DSP effect or utility codec? You can map "disc" to a tag called "DISC *" if you so desire. :)

hagak
12-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Have you tried the ID Tag Update DSP effect or utility codec? You can map "disc" to a tag called "DISC *" if you so desire. :)
You know I did not think of the ID Tag DSP, will try that now. Thank you

LtData
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Note: you will need the PowerPack or Reference to use DSP effects.

hagak
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Sweet that seems to work. Thanks

hagak
12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Ok a slightly different but related question. The media manager that I am using currently has a "bug" in that it does not support multiple tags of the same name in vorbis comments. It only reads in the first entry.

Is it possible using the ID Tag DSP to create a single tag with the Style data in a ";" delimited list?

Spoon
12-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes see the beta section of this forum (DSP effects r3).

hagak
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Thank you so much for the quick response.

I must say I have just recently purchased the ref. version of DMC after using the trial period. Very impressed with you product and support! I used EAC for at least 4 years and now I can not see how I lived without DMC. EAC is great, but is no where near as well done as DMC and having AMG metadata makes it is just that much better.