PDA

View Full Version : replaygain tags: compatible with winamp?

urlwolf
11-29-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm using the multi encoder with dsp: replaygain. I can see the files produced do have replaygain values, but when I open them in winamp 5.5, only a few are displayed. Why is this?
Also, trying to run winamp 5.5's replaygain on those files ends without results or hungs.

My guess is that they are using different tag especs. Any idea how to fix this? Winamp is now my main player (used to be foobar) and I need to produce tags that winamp understands.

Also, when AMG returns multi-value artist tags, winamp doesn't understand them. A way around?

THanks

Wayne
11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Download the beta ID Tag Update codec from http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=15296 and update their tags?

Or get WinAMP to update their player to support the tag standard :D

Spoon
11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
In the beta forum is an ID Tag processing DSP effect (DSP Effects), which can force Multi Artists onto the same line.

urlwolf
11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Ok, looks like winamp tag support is ok.
It's just that my files have no albumgain tags.

I've used the multi encoder (new version 15 Nov) which lets you pick dsp effects per encoder. Both encoders (flac and ogg) had dsp on, with -albummode=1 (all files in list are considered an album). Still, no albumgain tags are written. I think I tried -albummode=0 with the same results.

The only other dsp is IDtagprocessing to get albumart.
Any idea what might be failing?

Thanks

Spoon
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
If you hold the mouse over the files does it show album gain?

urlwolf
12-15-2007, 03:16 PM
No it doesn't. (sorry for the long lag replaying)
I'm positive the flag albummode is 1.
Thanks

Spoon
12-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Your answer is the multi encoder, that cannot write album gain.

urlwolf
12-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Your answer is the multi encoder, that cannot write album gain.

Will this be fixed in a future release? Is there any way I can get notified (without having to monitor the forum daily?)

Thanks

Spoon
12-16-2007, 09:59 AM
It has been fixed, you need the R13 alpha of music converter and the latest beta of Multi Converter.