PDA

View Full Version : new server?

Spoon
12-16-2002, 12:42 PM
I could investigate installing Majordomo on the new server - new server I hear you ask? I have had to get a 2nd dedicated server the current one is pushing about 500Gig per month, so the load will now be split between the two (dbpoweramp.net will go on the 2nd server). I am quite forward looking and even though there is a doubling of the overhead expenses I have good faith in the new soon to be beta tested AccurateRip feature and that could eat lots of bandwidth.

Razgo
01-03-2003, 10:54 PM
i did a split thread from the news section but it didn't leave a copy.

i wanted to ask if you picked up another rackshack server? and what type of specs is the new server? another plesk? i prefer cpanel.

i always see great deals there. but just wish i had the money to have one.

Razgo
01-03-2003, 11:02 PM
when i see deals like this:

512 MB RAM
60GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive
400 GB Monthly Transfer

all for $99.00 per month, you only need 4 trusted people to go in on it to make it cheaper.

Spoon
01-04-2003, 06:21 AM
It is a de-celeron 1.7Gig. If you want in on the server just give the word...

Razgo
01-04-2003, 08:22 AM
thanks Spoon, it is something i would like to consider. can you email me some specs on the server? and if you could upload a file to your server with this code in it

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

just type it in notepad or whatever and name it phpinfo.php and upload it anywhere on the server as that will tell me the phpinfo like what modules are installed, apache version etc...

oh and if it has ImageMagick installed?

i have had trouble trying to generate thumbnails on a plesk server for my review software i want to run but could never figure out why. something to do with the way plesk locks everything in to httpdocs, but thats on a shared host environment too.

so i wondered if it would work better on a dedicated server.

/end babble :)