PDA

View Full Version : CLI Encoder Error

scapaz
11-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Whenever I open up dBpowerAMP Music Converter v12.3 and the latest version of the cd writer, I get the following error message before the programs launch: CLI Encoder has not been configured, open Programs\Illustrated\dBPowerAMP\Encoder\CLI Encoder\encoder.txt and change the extension.

Does anyone have any idea what I am supposed to change the extension to? Thanks.

xoas
11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
When you say you are using the latest version of CD Writer, do you mean r2 from the Products tab or the r3 beta from the beta section of the forum?

Bill

Spoon
11-21-2007, 05:31 PM
If you do not need CLI Encoder, uninstall it.

savagepoetry
03-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey I had the same CLI Encoder extension problem... I went into the dam .txt. file and all it had was .ext ...which to my knowledge is standard form for the file extension not being defined.

So I changed the generic '.ext' to the only thing I could think of as a CLI file ... '.cli' and it seems to have bloody worked ;)

What do you know, hows that for a first try huh lol

Rock n roll bros \m/
George M Bryce

Corpsecrank
05-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Hey I had the same CLI Encoder extension problem... I went into the dam .txt. file and all it had was .ext ...which to my knowledge is standard form for the file extension not being defined.

So I changed the generic '.ext' to the only thing I could think of as a CLI file ... '.cli' and it seems to have bloody worked ;)

What do you know, hows that for a first try huh lol

Rock n roll bros \m/
George M Bryce

That may have gotten rid of the error message popping up but it is still not properly configured.

CLI Encoder is for an external encoder such as the nero m4a encoder. You are supposed to point the extension to something like that. But since you didn't know that why don't you do what you were told and uninstall it since you do not have the skill needed to use it. Most people wouldn't and shouldn't use it. It is there for specific purposes that few will have.