PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove LAME gapless tag?

csiron
11-21-2007, 03:33 PM
This may be a fairly uncommon -- perhaps even unusual question -- but I hope it's straightforward enough to get a usable response without requiring much time from anyone.

I've used mpTrim Pro to remove the leading and trailing silence from about 73,000 mp3s. I'm sure that decision is debatable, but in the end, it was the solution that fit my situation the best.

However, I guess the LAME gapless silence tag is uselessly inaccurate now, and I'd like to remove it to avoid future conflicts in case I'm using other software, etc.

Should be easy, I assume, to remove the tag, but I don't know the exact name of the tag I'm looking to wipe out and my tagging programs won't reveal it -- perhaps operator ignorance explains that issue.

Could someone please help me figure out what tag name I should input to use the remove DSP to sweep it clean?

csiron
11-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Spoon, any help for me? Maybe my question was too round-about.

I'll restate:

What is the exact name of the LAME tag that stores the gapless playback information?

Thanks.

Spoon
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
The lame tag has nothing to do with ID Tags, it is internal to the mp3 structure.

csiron
11-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Well, that would certainly explain why I can't find the tag then. :D I guess I'm stuck with inaccurate timing cues imbedded in the files then. For the foreseeable future, that's no problem. As long as LAME gapless continues to be so rarely adopted by software developers, I guess I have nothing to worry about. Thanks.

Teknojnky
11-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Perhaps you should request that the mptrip developer(s) regenerate the lame tag(s) when trimming the files.