PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Create CCITT u-Law

flyingboz
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I noticed a couple of similar threads , but no resolution / workaround has yet been posted. I am highly motivated to find a solution to this, and have some experience with voice file formats. Should any patch testing or update testing be involved , or additional information required, I would be most happy to provide it.
I have installed the current version of dbpoweramp and the ogg encoder.

I have some voice files recorded using televantage , originally in dialogic vox format, and am using sox to convert them to wav format. I can then play the wav file in any windows media player (i've tested with qcd, winamp 5.3, winamp 5.5, and windows media player 9.

I desire to reduce these functioning wave files size, by encoding in ogg or mp3.

This functionality works in WinAmp 5.5 'out of the box' with the ogg encoder installed, but fails with the "Cannot Create Wave Decoder(CCITT u-Law) [in dbpoweramp].

As I desire a command line driven batch process, I was hopeful that someone would be able to point me to properly configuring dbpoweramp to be able to properly recognize the windows decoder / settings to use on these files.

One thing I noted when examining the properties of the file is that the encoder field appears to be blank.

File Audio Properties are attached below:

Artist
Title
Album
Track
Disc
Genre
Year
Rating
Composer
Size 3.35 MB (100% of original, 1 to 1 compression)
Original Size 3.35 MB
Length 7 minutes 19 seconds
Channels 1 (mono)
Sample Rate 8 KHz;
Sample Size 8 bit
Bit Rate 64 kbps
Encoder
Encoder Settings CCITT u-Law
Audio Quality Low (Lossy)
Contains
Channel Mapping Center
File 11649986757
Type Winamp media file [.wav]

Spoon
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Can you try R11.5, does that read the wave file?:

http://dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

flyingboz
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The 11.5 version did properly read / convert the wav to mp3 'out of the box'. I did not install / test with the ogg encoder.

Spoon
11-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Please send one ccitt u-law wave file to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm