PDA

View Full Version : audio cd help

zoodemon
12-29-2002, 06:08 PM
hi, i've been struggling to get some of my cd's on my hard drive so i can them burn them. I have media player 7 and realone player on my pc just for reference. Having read the nero 5 manual i'm still none the wiser on how to get my cd's onto my c drive so i'd played around until i finally managed it. Trouble is they've adopted the wmp7 format and are only 4k in size.
So first of all can i do it straight off with my nero?
Do i need to uninstall media player 7 to get them to copy to the hard drive properly??
Any ideas or helpful software tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Spoon
12-30-2002, 04:48 AM
Those 4KB files are not audio, an audio track would be about 4,000KB.

Install dBpowerAMP Music Converter and run 'Audio CD Input' that will rip your Audio CDs to C:\Converted Music in an mp3 format.

zoodemon
12-30-2002, 11:18 AM
hi first of all i don't want to convert cda to mp3, i just want to pool together my cda's and some downloaded mp3 (which i'll have to convert) so i can burn my own cd.
I've put my cda's in the realone player, and now i'm trying to use the db converter to turn the mp3's into cda and add them to my realone library ready for burning.
Unfortunately it's only letting me convert my mp3's in the poweramp cd burner rather than output to file which is what i want. Any way of getting round this?? thanks

totalXSive
12-30-2002, 03:13 PM
.cda files aren't actually files, they're just how Windows Explorer represents CD tracks, which is why they are only 4KB in size. You need to use Audio CD Input to convert these to Wave files - save these to your hard disk. Then open Nero, select the Wave files plus the MP3 files that you also want to use and make the CD.

If you are still only running Nero 5 I suggest you visit http://www.nero.com/ and download the free update to 5.5. It's quite a big download but includes a host of new features, including Nero Express which simplifies the burning process. And as I said, it's free :).

Unregistered
02-23-2003, 03:26 AM
There is an Alternate CDFS.VXD that can be installed which allows you to drag the wave files from the CD to a folder in Win 95/98.
Just search Google for CDFS.VXD and you will get all the info.