PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing dMC

PHeeNIxx
11-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Looking at the registration for dMC, it isn't clear to me what I'm getting.

Am I downloading a specific non-trial version? It is something I can back up and keep and re-install again in the future as many times as I want?

I just want to make sure I'm not paying for something I may lose the rights to if I format my PC in a year or 5 years and want to reinstall (I format my PC at least once a year).

Thanks!

xoas
11-10-2007, 11:55 AM
If you are looking at the Registration tab at the top of this page, you will see that you can register either the Power Pack and mp3 license or the Reference verion. Both come with a 1 year AMG license which will expire at the end of a year.

The Power Pack and Mp3 license entitles you to free lifetime upgrades. However your best bet is to hold on to your order number because you may need this if you need to re-download your dMC. Spoon indicates elsewhere that he can't track down purchase order records more than 2 years. Also, it is a good idea to hold onto your downloaded registered installation file-it great facilitates the process of uninstalling/reinstalling the program should the need to do so arise.

The registered version entitles you to free minor version upgrades (say from r12.3 to r12.4) but to upgrade to a major version upgrade there will be a fee to do so (which should be significantly less than the cost of purchasing the new reference version from scratch, but basically it will be up to Spoon to determine exactly what the upgrade fee will be).

If you stick with the unregistered free version witthout the Power Pack and mp3 license you should be able to re-download and re-install, and upgrade indefinitely.

You can compare the various versions of Music Converter by checking the link on the Products page. You can also download a free trial version of Music Converter there. This will include a free trial of the Power Pack and mp3 license from the Products tab. The trial is fully featured but is supposed to be a one time per user offer. If you have had a previous trial of Music Converter then you would not ordinarily be entitled to a free trial of the same or later version later on. The trial period starts with the time of your download and expires when the trial period is up whether you have used the program or not.

Best wishes,
Bill