PDA

View Full Version : Sveta -> Full HDD = Ugh!?

kweller
04-26-2002, 04:23 PM
I can't prove this conclusively but this has happened to me twice now and I'm fairly certain that if Sveta runs out of space on a HDD it is tranferring files to it does something 'orrible to the disk.

On both occasions I've found a number of 'lost' files using Norton disk doctor once I've made some space available. The disk was clean before I started.

Posted here as I think the HDD transfer is in the beta version rather than the one currenty released.

Spoon
04-27-2002, 06:27 AM
I think a lost file is where the disk has been filled up and that drive type has no room in the FAT to save the file, I dont think it is a biggie problem, as all I am doing is writing the file across with normal Read/Write commands..

kweller
04-28-2002, 03:56 AM
I think the problem may be that on detecting disk full (or not detecting it) Sveta continues to try to transfer files thus increasing the corruption.

What makes me think this is the last time this happened NDD detected 170 'lost' files. If Sveta had detected the problem immediately and aborted the tranfer there shouldn't have been more than 1.