PDA

View Full Version : Locate Missing Files

MasterOfPuppets
12-22-2002, 09:22 AM
Yeah, what would be great for some future release of dap would be an option similar to the Locate Missing Files one. Instead of looking for a file with the same filename, it would look for a file with the same tag (???) or some other unique attribute. I frequently rename individual files (or arrange them with the arrange codec) and when I go back to my music collection, I have to manually remove & readd it (not such a large task, i admit, but can still get on my nerves sometimes). Even so, if I rename a file and try to schedule a New Track Lookout on that folder for the new file, it doesn't recognize it ( :confused: reinstalling dap temporarily fixed this for a few weeks but now its the same). well w/e hope u make the fix.

Spoon
12-22-2002, 12:55 PM
I see what you are saying, but ou are proabbly better doing the Arrange Music option from within dAP (On Collection Menu).

MasterOfPuppets
12-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Yes, I have noticed that the Arrange Music option in dap is quicker & more efficient than the codec, but arranging my enitre music collection doesn't help me much. Half of my collection is stored as '[artist] - [track]' and the others are stored as '[artist] - [album] - [track number xx] - [track], so if I arrange it one way it loses the others. However like every couple of weeks I split it into 2 collections, arrange them accordingly, and then do a New Track Lookout on my folder from one of the collections (only problem with that is it takes about 10 minutes to add all of them).

Ok I've been looking around at the options of MMC and just realized I could eliminate that last step by using Combine to combine both music collections after I split them :o . Well that basically fixes everything, but still think about a way you could possibly locate missing files based on something other than original filename. :thumbup: :cool: