PDA

View Full Version : Is AMG down???

Empgamer
10-02-2007, 01:28 AM
I am trying to rip some CDs this morning using Reference and am getting nothing from AMG at all? I tried a CD that went in fine yesterday but got nothing from that either, no track info, no art, nothing? When selecting FreeDB I get the track info and meta data back OK? I'm wondering if it's AMG before I strat messing with my PC or doing fresh installs etc.

Only thing I did yesterday is take out Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager as I think it was causing problems (blue screen crashes) after it was installed alongside a driver upgrade. Can't see how that would have affected dBpowerAMP or AMG though?

Spoon
10-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Works for me.

Empgamer
10-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Sorted the dBpowerAMP/AMG bit. Talk about for every action there's a reaction!!

I have Kaspersky Anti Virus on this PC and have for while and was able to rip, and access AMG, no problem up until today. I actually Google searched and found a poster with EXACTLY the same problem who had posted on the Kaspersky help forums! Just had to add cdgrab.exe to list of trusted apps re net activity. What's a little annoying is that Kaspersky didin't pop up saying cdgrab.exe is trying to do this, let it yes/no. As such, if i hadn't found this I could have been faffing about with re-installs, system restores and everything.

Doubtless when I installed DBPA, with the Nvidia crud still in the PC, Nvidia Firewall presumably either interacted with Kaspersky to tell it to let cdgrab do what it needed to do or just over-rode Kaspersky. Now Nvidia is gone (I'm assuming that) the Kaspersky settings are now taking preference and running the show access wise? Never ending with PCs isn't it? I wonder what other little gems the Nvidia Network Manager removal (I can't think of anything lese that's changed) has stored up for me.

LtData
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Ahh, the nVidia firewall. I removed that software a couple of months after I built my PC due to random BSODs and freezing. I've been happy with the Windows Firewall ever since.

Empgamer
10-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Indeed. No BSOD since it's been gone. :thumbup: