PDA

View Full Version : mp3 license and future installations of dMC

havanaloco
09-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi. I bought the mp3 license and the Power Pack.
I downloaded the "Registered.exe" program and I installed it on the previous program (but always of the same version 12.3). Is right the procedure? Or first did I must uninstall the installed (and not registered) version?

How will I have to install future versions of dBpoweramp? Where I have to download them?

In add, I didn't understand what is the All Media Guide (AMG).

However, I have a question. The LAME mp3 is open source, so why I must pay for use it?

Thanks.

PS: Please speak simple because I'm not english. :p

Spoon
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

(clicking the above link from your email program might not open the link, copy and paste it into the title bar).

Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked, a download link is presented under this link is a user name and password, it is required when the download link is clicked. An 'Overview of Process' guide which shows how to download can also be found on the registration page given above.

LtData
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
When looking for a meta data provider, Illustrate teamed up with the premier choice: All Media Guide. dBpoweramp's CD Ripper not only retrieves CD details and extended information (such as label, rating, composer), but also album art work.Basically, AMG is a professional (entered by employees, not by anybody) meta-data service that has more information than FreeDB and also has album art the CD ripper can download and either embed in the files or place in the output location.

havanaloco
09-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Re-issue registered version of dBpowerAMP can be downloaded from this page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

(clicking the above link from your email program might not open the link, copy and paste it into the title bar).

Enter your Order reference / receipt number when asked, a download link is presented under this link is a user name and password, it is required when the download link is clicked. An 'Overview of Process' guide which shows how to download can also be found on the registration page given above.
Only now I see this topic:
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12483

It says:

For dMC,

* If you are using Reference, make sure you are installing the Reference Registered version, NOT the trial.
* If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uinstall the old version.
So, if I well understand, your response is in disaccord with above-mentioned topic.
How are the things?

However, until now, nobody is able to says to me why I must pay to use an open source codec like LAME mp3.

http://lame.sourceforge.net/index.php

Thanks.

bhoar
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I see a typo of "uinstall" instead of "uninstall", which might be confusing for non-native english speakers.

-brendan

Spoon
09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
It might be free to use lame (incdently dBpoweramp is one of a handful of companies which has donated back to lame), it is not free use the routines lame employs because of patents.

Put it this way, Microsoft could patent something, just because an open source program does the same, does not mean you would not have to pay microsoft if the open source program was used.

LtData
09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
See here for a discussion of why we must pay for mp3 encoding: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5399

havanaloco
09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
I see a typo of "uinstall" instead of "uninstall", which might be confusing for non-native english speakers.

-brendan
Can you explain me better? If I well understood, that topic says a thing, and you another one.

LtData
09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I actually fixed the typo in the other post. :)

havanaloco
09-21-2007, 08:53 AM
I actually fixed the typo in the other post. :)
No, I didn't refer to this. I believed that bhoar had replied to my previous post.

Maybe we not understand we.

In part that I not understood the motivations to buy an mp3 license (and I will thanks who will resume it to me in simple words)...

... if I well understand, the 2nd post of the thread (author: Spoon) is in disaccord with these words of LtData:
If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uinstall the old version.
Spoon says to download a new registered version, and LtData says to download a new not-registered version and install on the old registered version. So, who is in reason and who is in wrong?

I remember that I have NOT bought the dBpoweramp Reference, but I have bought the Power Pack and the mp3 license.

bhoar
09-21-2007, 09:59 AM
No, I didn't refer to this. I believed that bhoar had replied to my previous post.

... if I well understand, the 2nd post of the thread (author: Spoon) is in disaccord with these words of LtData:
If you are using the PowerPack, you simply install the latest PowerPack trial over top of your existing install and make sure to NOT uinstall the old version.

My only point in posting to this thread earlier was to point out that the word "uinstall" is a typo that needed to be fixed as some might read that as "uninstall" and some might read it as "install".

-brendan

LtData
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I think, with the PowerPack, either method will work, or at least that is how it used to be. However, installing a registered version overtop of your current version never hurts.

Dr Klovernutz
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
i had v 11, I just downloaded version 12.3
1. I simply installed OVER my registered version, is this correct?

2. I DLed the new FLAC codec (v10) I UNINSTALLED my old codec and installed this one, is this correct?

3. Is it possible to add album art to already extracted flacs and created flacs? how?

4. how come I only has access to freedb?

Spoon
10-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Access to AMG is paided per year, you can purchase 1 years access for $5.

FLAC R10 is the latest.

To add album art, right click on a FLAC file >> Edit ID Tag and click the add album art button, select an album art image filename from your computer.

Dr Klovernutz
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
when i load a CD to extract I see no album art
Do I have to manually locate each album cover?
What about all of my already extracted CDs

Spoon
10-10-2007, 02:19 PM
you need an AMG license to automatically get album art when ripping a CD.

For already extracted cds, you need to aquire the album art from somewhere, it is a very manual process.

Dr Klovernutz
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
ok

im new to v12 I don't understand album art for FLACs/ or with this program.
Is there a tutorial? is album art just a jpeg in the same folder with the album? is it encoded in the file? where/ how?

Spoon
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Can be both, there is an option in CD Ripper >> Options to write folder.jpg

Album art is embedded within FLAC files, but iti is a new standard and your player might not read the album art.

Dr Klovernutz
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I know we're going way off target here,
1. I looked at (rt clicked) some mp3s that have art and through dmc12 it says no album art??
2. Is the only way to extract FLAC with album art ith a subscription to AMG?
3. what about extracting through WMP to WMA lossless then to FLAC and keep the hidden jpeg files? will that work?

Dr Klovernutz
10-10-2007, 02:47 PM
So far the only successful way I have been able to add album art
(the actuall album art shows under rt click> Properties) to a FLAC is individually by right clicking and editing the tag. This only works for 1 file at a time.

Also since under rt click> Properties it says no album art on my mp3s that were extracted and show album art, does this mean that TECHNICALLY those files have no album art? There is the hidden files in each folder.

Spoon
10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
We have a utility codec called [id tag update] under manipulation you cna import the folder.jpg into the actual file, use Batch Converter to run on all your files at once.

dylanremaster
10-13-2007, 03:26 PM
hi
I have a non registered version of DBpoweramp (an old version (10))
But I want to buy the new one, Shall I uninstall it and uninstall all the old codecs when I shall install the new version ? and reinstall new codecs ?(are they all still free?)

Spoon
10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes uninstall all old codecs & programs.

LtData
10-13-2007, 06:43 PM
And some codecs require you to have Reference to use them, as they require licensing fees to use which is covered in the cost of Reference.

dylanremaster
10-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes uninstall all old codecs & programs.

Okay thanks, I got three more small questions

For how long is the license ? 1 year for AMG acess? but can I use the program longer even without AMG acess?
and use only freedb ?
(I scan the artwork by myself insted)

And shall I first install the program and register or shall download the program from the link I got in the mail? and it is automatically registred?

AMG Access Special Terms: what is exactly this ?

//C

dylanremaster
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
And some codecs require you to have Reference to use them, as they require licensing fees to use which is covered in the cost of Reference.

ok I shall buy the full reference version so all shall work then ?

LtData
10-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Well, the codec will say if it is Reference only, which I believe currently is mostly the Real Helix encoders and the Fraunhoefer codec, plus you also can multi-cpu support and ultra-secure ripping.

AMG access is for 1 year at a time, an additional year can be purchased for $5/each, 1 year of access is included with your purchase. If the AMG access expires, dMC will drop back to freedb and work at that state indefinitely. The link in the e-mail you got is what you should install, as the installer itself makes you registered.

The AMG Special Access terms are limitations that apply only to the AMG download and not the other registered download. The other registered downloads can be downloaded at a later time when using the order number, the AMG download cannot.

dylanremaster
10-14-2007, 08:40 AM
how do I pay after one year if I want a new license ??

Wayne
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
I assume that we'll have to visit the Register Page and select All Media Guide 365 Day Access again. In the same way that you had to initially obtain a year's access to AMG.

LtData
10-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, you purchase additional years on the Registration page.

dylanremaster
10-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Hi I have done the order now and the order page said they have sent an order summary to my e-mail, but have not get an e-mail yet. Shall I get one direct or do I need to wait for an e-mail ??

Spoon
10-16-2007, 05:03 AM
It can take a few hours to get the email.

dylanremaster
10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
It can take a few hours to get the email.

Thanks I know that know, that now, I was just a little bit worried about a spamfilter had blocked the e-mail or so, becasue the order page said it was sent..

The program and everthing works now. but one question on some tracks I got a green i on the tracks insted of the ok sign (I don't know the english word)

Spoon
10-17-2007, 02:22 AM
AccurateRip contains different pressings, perhaps the pressing you are ripping is not in accuraterip?

dylanremaster
10-17-2007, 11:16 PM
AccurateRip contains different pressings, perhaps the pressing you are ripping is not in accuraterip?

maybe, at least I got the same and correct tracklist. Maybe it is a american pressing in the database. I ripped a european