PDA

View Full Version : altering audio files..?

Cyrus
12-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Hi I have an mp3 which is great however it has some dribble (obviously recorded from a radio station) at the beginning and the end of the actual song. I have downloaded the converter & powerpack but I can't seem to figure out how to cut the rubbish out of the file. I can't even find anything on the site or in the search function that gives step by step instructions. Now that doesn't mean it's not there, I just can't find it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Cyrus

Spoon
12-12-2002, 04:00 AM
Convert To >> Mp3 (Lame)

Then DSP Effects and add the 'Trim Effect' enter the amount to trim, besure to remove that effect after converting.

Cyrus
12-12-2002, 04:13 PM
thanks spoon, worked a treat! I have another question for you, if I were to cut pieces out of one song and merge it with parts of another song to play as a soundtrack for a slideshow, how exactly would I go about that, I mean do you have a program here that does that? I know there are big cumberson programs out there but I would imagine that if you had one that did this trick it would be much easier to use.

Thanks heaps for your help Spoon

Cyrus

Spoon
12-13-2002, 03:54 AM
For that you would have to convert them to Wave then use some sort of audio editor. Do a search for 'SoundEngine' it is very good and free.

Cyrus
01-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks spoon, I'll give Sound Engine a go, are there any other ones out there that are any good that you can think of, even ones that I have to purchase as I've decided that it would be worth it for what I want.

Also can you tell me if you have a list of what each function does in the powerpack? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.

Some things are obvious but the ones like dc offset and eden swap..... what do they mean? I guess I could try then all individually but I could miss some technical aspects of the functions, so once again a list of descriptions would be great.

Thanks heaps Spoon
Cyrus

Spoon
01-20-2003, 04:02 AM
Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Help >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help >> Power Pack DSP

Razgo
01-20-2003, 06:46 AM
someone just mentioned in another thread that they use this wav splitter programme

http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mjmlooijmans/cdwave/

Cyrus
02-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Has anybody ever used Acid pro? I recently had a friend tell me how good it works for various audio applications on his PC, I was just wondering if anybody here had used it or any programs that they consider to be better.

Cheers Guys
Cyrus

Burn Baby Burn
02-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Cyrus,
To edit music files (cut off the front or rear of noise or jibberish on songs) I use Microsoft's Sound Recorder, located @ Start/Programs/Accessories/Multimedia, or in that area.
First convert music fles to .wav files.
Then open Sound Recorder.
Then open your converted .wav file.
Edit it.
You have numerous editing options.
You can make several copies of the original .wav file.
Then chop it up as you like.
Then add it where you like.
Save it.
Ready to go.
Just a thought.
C U.

Unregistered
02-15-2003, 07:25 PM
acid pro is probably the best audio manipulation software there is out there in my opinion, definitly worth the purchase, tho it may be possible to get hold of a cracked version