PDA

View Full Version : Wrong tracks retrieved for Mixed Mode CDs

Mikity
08-29-2007, 01:29 PM
I have recently been ripping the audio tracks from a number of PlayStation and Saturn games I own (in this case, Wipeout 2097). These games are all mixed-mode CDs. However on an AMG/freedb query the CD Ripper retrieves the wrong tracks or rather, all track names are shifted by one. It looks like what is happening is that it is calling the first audio track "DATA", even though the data track isn't even shown in the interface so the naming should begin with the first audio track. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. :blush: For example:

On the CD:
1. DATA
2. Kingkong
3. Plasticity

What dBpowerAMP says:
1. (not displayed)
2. DATA
3. Kingkong

Does this make any sense? Could someone verify this please?

Cheers,
Mikity

Mikity
08-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Wrong forum - sorry! Could someone move this post to a more appropriate section? Thanks.

LtData
08-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Moved to dMC Support

If the meta-data retrieved is wrong, then it is wrong on FreeDB or AMG, not our end. If you have dMC r12.3, you can fix the meta-data then resubmit it to AMG and FreeDB.

Mikity
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
But EAC and iTunes use freedb as well (well, EAC for sure) and they both get it right, it's just dMC that shifts the names by one track.... tested with exactly the same CD.

LtData
08-29-2007, 07:22 PM
So, dMC doesn't display the DATA track but it still shows the first track as DATA, right? I have had similar problems with some of my mixed-mode CDs, as other CD software doesn't skip over the data track, therefore the meta-data has the first track as Data.

Wayne
08-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Where exactly did the CD Ripper retrieve its meta data from?

Is the problem with the data returned from AMG?

BTW I didn't realise that we could now submit corrections to AMG/freedb using r12.3.

Wayne

LtData
08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Actually, that feature was added in r12.2, not r12.3, memory was a little fuzzy.

Mikity
08-30-2007, 11:53 AM
So, dMC doesn't display the DATA track but it still shows the first track as DATA, right?

That's exactly what's happening! I queried freedb from dMC and EAC, for the same Saturn game (data + audio) and dMC got it wrong, so I'm assuming a little fix is needed. Maybe just a check if the string "DATA" is found in a track name.

By the way does Spoon read these forums too?

Thanks, Mikity

LtData
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Yes, Spoon checks the forum too.
The problem is, the meta-data has the first track as DATA, which dMC has hidden, so you get the first audio track marked as "DATA" and then all of you track names are off by one. I never found a fix for it when I had the problem other than renaming all of the tracks to the correct names.