PDA

View Full Version : encode problems



TheDog
08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I have DB v11.5 installed on Vista Ultimate, everything was working fine for weeks, then things have gone down hill. When I convert flac to mp3 it takes forever, converts at 1.2x, was converting at 17x. here is a screen shot of it while converting, when I start conversion it immediately says completed and stays this way until conversion is done.


http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?b4845064e6.jpg


I used this same program on XP, it never did encode fast always 1.2x to 2.3x

I was was thrilled when it worked better on Vista , until now, any Idea's.

I did uninstall/re install the codec and program, no difference.

Thanks in advance.

xoas
08-22-2007, 11:27 AM
What happens if you do a test conversion of the same file?
To do this, you would follow the same steps as a regular conversion except that where you choose the output format select "Test Conversion (No Write)" instead of mp3. This will show a conversion process bar and should indicate very rapidly whether dMC was able to do the test conversion successfully. If it cannot do a successful test conversion I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing your FLAC codec making sure that you the FLAC codec from Legacy Codec Central (NOT the current FLAC codec from the Codec Central page which is for dMC version 12, which is incompatible with your version of dMC).

If you still cannot test convert (or if the initial test conversion failed and you are sure you have the right FLAC codec installed), two other things to try are:
1. Try converting with the Preserve Tags option off to see if that works;
2. To rule out the possibility that your FLAC file might be corrupt, try using FLAC Frontend to test your FLAC file to make sure that it is not corrupt.

If you can test convert but not do a conversion from FLAC to mp3:
see if you can convert from FLAC to Wav and Wav to mp3;
see if there is a difference in frequency or number of channels between your FLAC file and your desired mp3 output-if so, enable the option for Professional Frequency Conversion in your dMC Configuration.

Please let us know if any of these help. If they do not, tell us what you did try and what happened.

Best wishes,
Bill

TheDog
08-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks, I will try that, but like I said, it was working perfectly for weeks, and now all of a sudden it is not.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the codec and the program to no avail.

Ok I tried test convert and got the same completed window as it converted.

To clairfy, the conversions are working, they just take a long time and there is that funky window that says it is 100% completed as it is converting.

I can convert to wave then mp3 but it takes too long, as both conversions are very slow.

And I cannot figure out how to enter the dmc configuration window.

TheDog
08-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Well I finally solved it, uninstalled Db Music Converter and DB Poweramp Player, rebooted, ran regedit and searched for "illustrate" and "dbpoweramp" and removed all entries found except for those found in mui cache.

Rebooted and reinstalled player and converter, everthing is back to normal.

I did find the dmc config window and learned a few things about the music converter in the process of being helped here, thanks again.