PDA

View Full Version : DMC Converter error - Windows Media Audio 10, Windows Media Audio Voice 9, Vista

billraper
08-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I am using the registered version of DBPowerAmp with the Windows Media Audio 10 CODEC for Vista.

When I try to use the "Windows Media Audio Voice 9" setting, I get the following error (copied to clipboard from application).

Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'D:\TEMP\RobertCox20070809.wav' to 'D:\Users\Bill\Desktop\RobertCox20070809.wma'
Error Compressing to WMA [clEncoder::OutputThisBlock]

I would like to either understand what I am doing wrong, or find settings that will work.

If I use any of the other CODECs withing Window Media Audio 10, they work correctly.

However I would like to use the voice setting, as it is MONO, and the others are all stereo. I need mono in order to keep my website dialup-friendly by keeping my file sizes to a minimum.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong, or direct me to a functional CODEC.

LtData
08-18-2007, 07:10 PM
What encoding settings were you using? Is your WAV file a normal 16-bit, 44100Hz stereo WAV file?

Edit: Confirmed that a 16-bit, stereo, 44,100Hz WAV file encoding to WMA Voice 16kbps mono 16000Hz will give the error mentioned above. Error also occurs when using the Resample DSP effect. Same thing happens when using a 16-bit, 16,000Hz mono WAV file.

Edit2: sounds like the same issue another person is having, albeit on Windows XP. Put all discussion here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13807