PDA

View Full Version : Encoding under Mp3 Pro

eddynat
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi
How can I encode (convert) audio file in MP3 Pro (Thompson) in high bitrate with dBpowerAmp 12.2 ???
Regards

xoas
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Are you talking about converting an audio file TO mp3Pro or converting a file that is already mp3Pro to some other format?

To the best of my knowledge, we do not have a codec for creating mp3Pro files for dBpowerAMP Music Converter versions r12 and above (there was a codec for versions r11.5 and earlier, this can be found at Legacy Codec Central but you would have to use an earlier version of Music Converter).

If I recall, the earlier (r11.5 and earlier) versions of Music Converter also could read and convert mp3Pro files. I would be confident that the later versions could read mp3Pro files and convert them using the built-in mpeg decoder but I am not sure they would be able to catch all of the audio data saved using the mp3Pro format. Perhaps someone else could provide an answer to that.

You talk about encoding to a high bit-rate in mp3Pro. As I recall, the mp3Pro codec for the earlier versions of Music Converter were limited in terms of the bitrates you could actually use. But it is also my understanding that the whole point of mp3Pro was to achieve better performance at low bit-rates and I would not think that mp3Pro would provide any advantage at bit-rates from 128 kbs on up compared to mp3. Is there some reason you are wanting a high bit-rate mp3Pro file?

Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
The only mp3PRO encoder available for dMC is for r11.5 and earlier and will only encode to 64kbps.

eddynat
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Thank you both for the clear awnsers....
Regards