PDA

View Full Version : SWREG adds a charge when purchasing

olstykke
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi all, this isn't a bug problem but annoying.

I upgraded dbpoweramp, and of course had to do so using SWREG.

I got my statement. SWREG automatically enrolls you in a company called WLI reservationrewards (1 800 732 7031).
I am very careful and do not subscribe to this sort of "service". I did not enroll, so the only explanation is that SWREG automatically enrolls anyone who has to use SWREG.

So check you billing statements for this "service charge".

Spoon if you read this, I am not going to use SWREG again because of this.

SnTholiday
07-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I did not see any additional charges when I purchased Power Pack or upgraded to Reference. What statement are you talking about?

I was also not enrolled in reservationrewards that I know of.

The receipt email showed only the charges for dbpoweramp, and that's all that was charged to my cc.

LtData
07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Did you also purchase the "download extension" or whatever package that is auto-added to your shopping card is called?

Spoon
07-28-2007, 09:33 AM
>SWREG automatically enrolls you in a company called WLI reservationrewards (1 800 732 7031).

Nothing to do with SWReg (AFAIK), that came from something else, possibly a fraud on your card.

Mousky
08-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Spoon type in "swreg webloyalty" into Google and I think you will reconsider your statement:

SWREG customers beware (http://successfulsoftware.net/2007/07/04/swreg-customers-beware/)

Both CCNow and SWREG are owned by Digital River Inc. - It appears that Digital River Inc. is not beyond using deceptive means of earning additional revenue.

It is in your best interest to consider an alternative e-commerce partner/platform. At the very least you may want to warn your users of this scam on your registration page.

olstykke: Call up your credit card company IMMEDIATELY and tell them that you did not authorize that charge. They will either reverse the charge immediately or they will send you a form on which you declare that you did not authorize the charge. You fax or send the form back and the charge should be reversed.

Spoon
08-11-2007, 04:19 PM
It seems swreg is going wayward (we have used them for 5 years, but Digital River have other intentions).

We will get our own merchant account ASAP and handle everything ourselves.

hagak
09-25-2007, 09:04 AM
I really want to purchase dbpoweramp referenece, however I can not use SWERG for payment. I have had too many problems with them in the past. Also I noticed they throw in that extra fee to the cart and when you try to remove it, it clears dbpoweramp as well.

Please tell me you have other payment options.

LtData
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Re-select the product you want after you remove the additional download time. SWREG is the only payment system we accept currently.