PDA

View Full Version : Trying to convert multiple files within subfolders

ryedizzel
07-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I am currently using the 30 evaluation of your product and so far it is great. However there is one small issue I am encountering which will determine whether or not I purchase this program for all of my future encoding needs.

I am in the process of converting all of my music files from WMA to MP3, and the process works fine when I manually select the files and right-click to bring up the 'Convert To' window. However the problem I have is that all of my music is organized in different folders for Artist Name, and then additional subfolders for Album Name.

Unfortunately I don't see any way to simply select an entire folder and convert all of the files within its subfolder. Instead I must manually open the Artist folder, then the Album folder, then highlight the files individually, start the conversion process, come back in 5-10min and repeat the process all over again for another folder.

Just to give you an idea, I currently have 418 different folders with music in them. So doing this manually would take me weeks considering the limited amount of free time I have to use the computer each day. Not to mention the frustration of the task itself. Therefore is there ANY way I can bypass this process by automatically selecting all of the files within the subfolders of a particular directory?

Thank you.

Spoon
07-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Start >> Programs >> dBpoweramp Music Converter >> Batch Converter

check the box at the root of your audio folders.

ryedizzel
07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Awesome thanks, you guys should include this in your FAQ! ;)

LtData
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
It's mentioned in the dMC help files. ;)