PDA

View Full Version : m4a Nero (AAC) encoder problem

stonedowner
07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I had a script whilst using version 11.5 dbPowerAmp Music Coverter that duplicated a directory structure containing mp3, aac and mp4(apple lossless), converting the apple lossless files to aac file.

I have now upgraded to V12 and the script stopped working. I found I had to pay £20 for the software and modify the script to use dMC.Convert(). I get the script to run using dMC.Convert("File", "NewFile", "mp3 (lame)", "") but when trying to use "mp4 Nero (AAC)" I get the following error: CLI Encoder is not specified.

Any ideas?

Spoon
07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Open CD Ripper, set the settings you want for Nero AAC (note the profile name), then look in the registry:

HCKU\software\illustrate\dbpoweramp\cdripper\profi les\([profile name]\

and use the command line with Nero in the name.

stonedowner
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

the line I pulled out of the registry was :-

-cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\neroAacEnc.exe" -cli_cmd="-q .45 -ignorelength -if - -of [outfile]" -selection="0,4,0,0"

the command I'm wanting to use in the script is:-

Call dMC.Convert(File, Destination, dMCCodec, "", "c:\error.txt")

I'm not sure how to "shoe horn" it in ???

Hoping you can help

Spoon
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Call dMC.Convert(File, Destination, dMCCodec, "-cli_encoder=""C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\neroAacEnc.exe "" -cli_cmd=""-q .45 -ignorelength -if - -of [outfile]"" -selection=""0,4,0,0""
", "c:\error.txt")

I forget VB programming, so it might be """ instead of "" above.

stonedowner
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
That did the job. The scripts running like a charm.