PDA

View Full Version : converted aac play fine but act weird

andreii_1989
07-22-2007, 05:12 AM
hey
great little program you've got here. but i'm having a bit of a nag with it.
conversion works excelent, the sound is good, but there seems to be a problem with displaying the duration and kbps of the converted tracks when i play them in winamp.
winamp's the only audio player i use, i haven't tried another, but still, i doubt it should act weird. when the song plays, the kbps display keeps changing the numbers, and it claims the songs are roughly 1 minute longer than the original, though they actually aren't. when it plays, the duration display keeps skipping numbers backwards from time to time.
i've converted 128kpbs mp3s to 64 kbps aacs and by my ear i'd say they sound the same, but the weigh more than half less, wich really enthralled me, but before i start converting all the songs, id' really like to solve this issue.
hope you can help :)

LtData
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Are the mp3 files or the AAC files showing wrong numbers? Are the files variable or constant bitrate? Are you using the latest version of Winamp, which I believe is around 5.35 or so?

andreii_1989
07-23-2007, 07:17 AM
the aac files are the odd ones. what do you mean by variable or constant bitrate? i'm using 5.2, which i guess isn't that old compared to 5.35, but i'll upgrade anyhow.

LtData
07-23-2007, 08:06 AM
When you encoded your AAC files, did you encode with dMC? What encoding settings did you use?

andreii_1989
08-02-2007, 11:51 AM
sorry it took me so long to reply
yes, i used dMC
well, i've tried every setting. regardless if i used VBR, ABR, CBR, the song didn't display well in winamp
on the other hand, i've found out that if i play the aacs on my moible phone, they display fine, even though the length is 2-3 seconds off. now i'm more confused.
thanks for replying :)

andreii_1989
08-06-2007, 03:38 AM
sorry for the double post, i know it looks stupid but i couldn't find the edit button. i wanted to add that i've found out that only winamp has the problem. windows media player and acdsee display track length properly. so i guess the problem isn't with dMC but with winamp...
thanks alot for the replies though